PPC Emulation... so exciting!

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

me

PPC Emulation... so exciting!

Post by me »

It's so exciting that PPC emulation is just around the corner! I've been waiting years for this!
Marc
Master Emulator

Post by Marc »

It has been achieved! Read the SheepShaver forum
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Perhaps he meant stable PPC emulation with the support of multiple ROM images so the masses can reliably use Mac PPC OSes and software on a x86 is just around the corner.

Or maybe he meant a Windows port so one doesn't have to delve into what often becomes the time-consuming chaos of getting everything setup under Linux.
Marc
Master Emulator

Post by Marc »

I wish that was just round the corner, but I really do not see this happening for a long time, if ever. As has been pointed out on this board, a PPC Mac emulator is more an enthusiasts - such as the poster above, myself and no doubt everyone on the board - dream than a driving nessecity.

Here's hoping though, as I write this from iCab inside Basilisk II :wink:
phirkel
Apple Corer

Post by phirkel »

Uhh...see the SheepShaver forum, Marc?
Marc
Master Emulator

Post by Marc »

Mac Emu wrote:Perhaps he meant stable PPC emulation with the support of multiple ROM images so the masses can reliably use Mac PPC OSes and software on a x86 is just around the corner.

Or maybe he meant a Windows port so one doesn't have to delve into what often becomes the time-consuming chaos of getting everything setup under Linux.
I was reffering to this, not the initial step of PPC emulation. My point was that with enthusiasts and not big business driving it it would be difficult to make it to an ideal level of stability and ease of use.