New OSX build for testing

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

vasi
Tinkerer

Re: New OSX build for testing

Post by vasi »

Ronald P. Regensburg wrote: Will the sparsebundle properties of the image be preserved when the volume is erased in OS9?
Yup! The guest OS doesn't even know what underlying block format the virtual disk uses: fixed size, sparse or VHD. Nothing you can do inside OS 9 will make a sparsebundle change into a fixed size disk.
systemseven
Space Cadet

Post by systemseven »

I followed vasi's instructions, but sadly I couldn't install MacOS 9 on a sparsebundle image.
Error message as before. Curiously, it says that the error occurred when reading the "Big System Morsels" file (from the installer CD image, I assume), not when writing something.
vasi
Tinkerer

Post by vasi »

systemseven wrote:I followed vasi's instructions, but sadly I couldn't install MacOS 9 on a sparsebundle image.
Could you zip up the sparsebundle and make it available to me?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

I wonder if we should build some preconfigured sparsebundles of various sizes and make them available... actually, I think emendelson may have already done that with his all-in-one build.
systemseven
Space Cadet

Post by systemseven »

vasi wrote:
systemseven wrote:I followed vasi's instructions, but sadly I couldn't install MacOS 9 on a sparsebundle image.
Could you zip up the sparsebundle and make it available to me?
Sure. I sent you a PM with the details.