Remove SheepShaver

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

yhu420
Space Cadet

Remove SheepShaver

Post by yhu420 »

Hello everyone,
A long time ago, I built and installed sheepshaver on Ubuntu. I dont remember exactly how I did, but i remember having done "sudo make" and maybe "install". The thing is that now, I want to uninstall this software. I am unable to find it in the ubuntu software center.
Here is locate SheepShaver:

Code: Select all

yhu420@N53SM:~$ locate SheepShaver
/usr/local/bin/SheepShaver
/usr/local/share/SheepShaver
/usr/local/share/SheepShaver/keycodes
/usr/local/share/SheepShaver/tunconfig
/usr/local/share/man/man1/SheepShaver.1
Is there a special command to uninstall, or anything, please be clear, because I'm new to linux.
The reason why I want to uninstall is because I downloaded a built version, which works by itself, without install (it seems, I just double clicked the file and it ran well)
Thanks for the support
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Remove SheepShaver

Post by adespoton »

Since you didn't install it from the Software Centre, you can't uninstall it from there either -- you installed it via a makefile. So, if you've still got that makefile, somewhere near the end it indicates all the locations it installed files; you'll just need to delete all the files indicated there.

However, I'm not sure what you mean by "downloaded a built version, which works by itself" as SheepShaver isn't just a single binary executable, but depends on a bunch of other files. The version you got by using make install is the same thing you would have got by downloading, except that you wouldn't have got the Mac OS ROM or a boot disk image, and the settings file might be a bit different.

Make sure you've got a copy of the one you downloaded pre-built, as it is possibly using some of the same file locations that your original make file used.