Problems installing/running Starship Titanic

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

PietroMarchi
Space Cadet

Problems installing/running Starship Titanic

Post by PietroMarchi »

Hello, I'm new to PowerPC emulation and today I downloaded SheepShaver for Yosemite, did all the steps and everything went fine, then I tried to install Starship Titanic. After some problems I was able to install the game, but when I run it it asks for the CD 1. I got the .cdr listed on the volumes, as some other topics here suggested. Any tips on how to make it work?
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Problems installing/running Starship Titanic

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

1. Make sure the .cdr image file is locked in the OSX Finder. (See checkbox in the Finder Info panel.)

2. Does the CD then mount in SheepShaver and still the game asks for the original CD? Then you will need to use the Virtual DVD-ROM/CD Utility to create a second CD image in SheepShaver from the one you already created as described in the setup manual: http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/she ... own_issues
PietroMarchi
Space Cadet

Post by PietroMarchi »

Thanks a LOT! I was able to install and run the game properly, but I have another issue. Both this (Starship Titanic) and Secret of Monkey Island games I installed are completely mute. Any thoughts why this is happening?
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

I would expect audio issues, but not the complete absence of sound. Which MacOS version do you run in SheepShaver? Did you enable sound in SheepShaver by selecting (click to highlight) "Buit-in" for the Output device in Sound control panel? Do other sounds, like system sounds, work?

It may take some extra steps to get sound of Starship Titanic work properly. Study the discussion in this recent topic about audio issues in this game: http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewto ... ip+titanic
Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason:  
PietroMarchi
Space Cadet

Post by PietroMarchi »

MacOS 9. And yes, sound is enabled and other system sounds work just fine. Thanks for the help, I will definitely check that other topic.