Requires draw sprocket to function?

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Kbussler
Space Cadet

Requires draw sprocket to function?

Post by Kbussler »

I have recently got sheep shaver up and running. I used the chubby bunnie pre-configuration to do so. one of the main reasons i wanted to use it was for power pete/mighty mike but every time i try to open mighty mike it says that i need to download draw sprocket. i saw another post on here saying that the cause was not having enough space but i don't think thats the problem because i have a 1.2gb disk mounted and have run for example barrack out of it. this leads me to believe it is not an issue of space. I downloaded the game from Pangea site and one from another site which i even used stuffit to unpack inside of os9. i must be missing something, please help.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Requires draw sprocket to function?

Post by adespoton »

1. You need a full installation of OS 9.
2. You need to ensure DrawSprocketsLib is installed (in the extensions folder?).

The Chubby Bunny and RedundantRobot OS 9 installs do not contain a full installation of OS 9.
Kbussler
Space Cadet

Post by Kbussler »

Is there an easy fix?? or do i need to start from scratch and step up sheep shaver in a more manual way? please let there be an easy fix
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

Easy fix is probably to mount the 9.0.4 universal install CD iso, and overinstall on your current system. Ensure Game Sprockets and Draw Sprockets are part of the install.
Kbussler
Space Cadet

Post by Kbussler »

Hmmm, that actually doesn't sound easy to me. especially the acquiring of the universal install CD iso and the overinstall. sorry i am quite inexperienced when it comes to sheep shaver. could you give me some more info or at least point me in the right direction?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

Grab the 9.0.4 image from Macintosh Garden, decompress the iso, add the .iso file to your SheepShaver volumes list. Boot SheepShaver and run the installer, select your current boot volume as the target. Select Custom Install and go through the list to verify that Game Sprockets are included.

There's more discussion over here: http://macintoshgarden.org/forum/gamesp ... extensions that describes how to do a manual extraction of the libraries on localized OSes or older OS versions if you need a more recent version of Game Sprockets than are included with 9.0.4, but I don't think that is an issue for the games you listed.
Kbussler
Space Cadet

Post by Kbussler »

thank you for the informative reply, i truly appreciate it. ill give it ago
Kbussler
Space Cadet

Post by Kbussler »

I have downloaded the iso and decompressed it, which is the easy part. not having actually set up sheep shaver myself i don't know what and where the volume list is. After that I'm sure i will also stumble when i have to run the installer so i will ask you now. sorry for my complete lack of know how.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

Are you still using the COI version of SheepShaver? From your original description, I thought you had used it for initial setup and then switched to vanilla SheepShaver.

Please see the wiki pages on here and the voluminous collection of discussion threads for setting up SheepShaver and moving from COI to the SheepShaver we support here.
Kbussler
Space Cadet

Post by Kbussler »

With a minimal amount of effort i was able to start over and set up sheep shaver myself without COI or any of that nonsense.It works great and i now know more about it. It was so easy i feel ashamed for wasting your time looking for the easy way out. thank you for you assistance