Unable to build SheepShaver on Mandrake 9.0 i586

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

orudge
Space Cadet

Unable to build SheepShaver on Mandrake 9.0 i586

Post by orudge »

Hi,

I've been trying to build SheepShaver but have been having various problems. I first tried the CVS version, but couldn't get that to work because of problems with automake (the GTK error that I see other people have reported here). I spent ages trying to make it work, but in the end I gave up on that one.

I then found and downloaded the 20040224 build of SheepShaver from http://gwenole.beauchesne.online.fr/sheepshaver/files/. However, that doesn't build correctly (I tried it with the FPU patch here too, and it still didn't work):

Code: Select all

g++ -I../kpx_cpu/include -I../kpx_cpu/src -DUSE_JIT -I../include -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_REENTRANT -DDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/SheepShaver\" -g -O2  -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -c ../kpx_cpu/src/cpu/ppc/ppc-dyngen.cpp -o obj/ppc-dyngen.o
In file included from ../kpx_cpu/src/cpu/ppc/ppc-dyngen.cpu:31:
ppc-dyngen-ops.hpp: In member function `void powerpc_dyngen::gen_op_vnmsubfp_VD_V0_V1_V2()':
ppc-dyngen-ops.hpp:12533: parse error before `)' token
make: *** [obj/ppc-dyngen.o] Error 1
I can build the 20040114 build fine, but when I try to run that, I see a black window appear briefly, and:

SheepShaver V2.2 by Christian Bauer and Mar"c" Hellwig
Reading ROM file...
PowerPC CPU emulator by Gwenole Beauchesne
appears, but then nothing happens and a core file is dumped. Am I right in thinking that the Mac OS 8.6 CD-provided ROM isn't supported with this version?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
orudge
Space Cadet

Re: Unable to build SheepShaver on Mandrake 9.0 i586

Post by orudge »

orudge wrote:I can build the 20040114 build fine, but when I try to run that, I see a black window appear briefly, and:

SheepShaver V2.2 by Christian Bauer and Mar"c" Hellwig
Reading ROM file...
PowerPC CPU emulator by Gwenole Beauchesne
appears, but then nothing happens and a core file is dumped. Am I right in thinking that the Mac OS 8.6 CD-provided ROM isn't supported with this version?
Hmmm, the same thing happens with Basilisk II built on Mandrake 9.0 too. I also managed to hack the 20040224 build to compile (although it probably wasn't too good what I did), but the same thing still happens. The fact that it happens with Basilisk II though as well makes me think the problem might lie somewhere else: any ideas? The problem seems to be the same one as is described here.

Thanks again for any help.