MMU and full screen

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Stephen Coates
Expert User

MMU and full screen

Post by Stephen Coates »

I know that sheepshaver does not currently support these things, but does anyone know whether it will be easy for someone to add fullscreen and mmu support to sheepshaver?

stephen

-----
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

I think that if it were Gwenole would have already done it. I guessing that he is working on the full screen problem, but he has given many reasons why MMU will not be supported in SheepShaver or Basilisk II. Even Darek Mihocka and Jim Drew said that MMU support would be too much work with too much of a performance hit. Maybe someday some Linux programming guru can assist in giving SheepShaver MOO, I mean MMU.

Why can't we include attachments anymore Clockwise? :?

Post by Guest »

because your blind and cant see the button Jim.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Ow that hurt my feelings a whole bunch and was called for. Attach a screenshot that shows the button and I'll send you $1.

Either that or Clockwise took away my attachment ability.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

No, I turned it off. Something about dirty pictures.

I'll go turn it back on.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

There. I 'tink they work.
Marc
Master Emulator

Post by Marc »

Mac Emu wrote:Even Darek Mihocka and Jim Drew said that MMU support would be too much work with too much of a performance hit.
Didn't Darek once say that if ten people sent him an e-mail giving a good reason why we need MMU added to SoftMac and he would do it.

Another Darek bluff.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

I see. So the "Guest" (I know who it is according to their IP address) was blind and couldn't see that there wasn't an (add) attachment button when he was composing his post.

Here is a picture of a stone cold, I mean stone tongued basilisk. I have a few sheep pictures, but none of them worth posting.
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

Could someone take the MMU from PerPC and add it to SheepShaver?
Marc
Master Emulator

Post by Marc »

It would be great....but I think they are maybe very different creatures. SS supports AltiVec whereas PPC doesn't, so maybe if it was possible to change over between the two they would have incorparated this into PPC