Solace (from freeverse) on sheepshaver

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

spookydeedee
Space Cadet

Solace (from freeverse) on sheepshaver

Post by spookydeedee »

Hi all,
I used to play Solace from Freeverse long ago on my old 604PPC mac clone, but I don't have that old software any more.
I found version 1.0.2 of Solace some time ago and finally got it to work on sheepshaver, with the same setup as the one running gridz v1.2. (I never could get any newer gridz to work than 1.2)
I can start Solace just fine and even the sound works, however I don't have my old serial number from long ago and this Solace only wants to run as a demo, unregistered, of course.
If anyone has a working Solace with a valid serial, I would really appreciate a copy of that.
I am on a 2012 imac i7, with mountain lion 10.8.5 with the sheepshaver from 2014, and MacOS 9.0.4 running on sheepshaver.

I am also looking for an old game that I used to play as well back then: Outpost
Not only I can't locate that old software in my old junk, I can't even find a copy on the net either. So if someone has it, this would be really great, as it was rather nice and I'd like to see it again...
Thanks