Mising Amazon Trail Cutscenes in SheepShaver

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

lj6014
Space Cadet

Mising Amazon Trail Cutscenes in SheepShaver

Post by lj6014 »

Hey, I have been trying to get this working for awhile. When playing Amazon Trail 3rd Edition on SheepShaver all cut scenes and videos are missing, I have tried to play it with SheepShavers on other computers too but I get the same result. When the cutscene or video is meant to be playing it either shows the background or is replaced by a white box. Anyone know how to fix this?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Mising Amazon Trail Cutscenes in SheepShaver

Post by adespoton »

The cutscenes are likely using Quicktime; do you have the right version for the video you're playing? Try checking the asset files for the game on the disk to see what format they're in, and what's needed to play that.

It's possible that they need graphics acceleration, in which case you're lucky the game plays at all. But more likely, you just need a more recent Quicktime.
kataetheweirdo
Master Emulator

Post by kataetheweirdo »

IIRC, Amazon Trail 3.0 for the Mac needs at least QuickTime 3 or 4. I can't make out which version you're using, but I suggest using Mac OS 8.5 or later.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

You should best install QT 4.12. That is the latest version supported by SheepShaver.
If you installed any higher version, you should manually remove it before installing 4.12

Best,
Cat_7
lj6014
Space Cadet

Post by lj6014 »

I have tried using QuickTime 4.1.2 but that crashes the entire game. I have noticed that this is not exclusive to Amazon Trail, all quicklime movies show no video, only audio. I am using OS 9, I was using the QuickTime 3.0 that came with the game, if anyone knows how to fix this please tell me.
lj6014
Space Cadet

Post by lj6014 »

For whatever reason the quicktime video will only display if I change the amount of colors in monitor settings after I launch Amazon Trail, so I can easily change that using the control panel before I load a game.