A happy Camper posting from Classilla...

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

nemo_007
Student Driver

A happy Camper posting from Classilla...

Post by nemo_007 »

Well this post is going to cross three of mine done this week. As I don't want to duplicate I decided to post here.

As I type I am in SheepShaver emulation on my Windows 7 64 bits and I'm typing on a Azerty keyboard (France) under Mac OS9 and in a Classilla browser. YES!

Wooot!!

I found SheepShaver very easy to install and make run (no need for HFVExplorer for volumes) and very good guide to follow. The 5 installs of BII might have helped also. LOL.

When I installed my MAC OS 9.0 from CD image, I went into custom and did chose language suppport at bottom of choices. Then did choose "Central Europe languages suppport" as odd as it may seem but hey we are indeed on CET time :-)

All went smooth. I did close annoying Assistant and went into controls panels - keyboard and saw I now had more choices, including France and France numérique (note I now type these accents from MAC OS9).

Last thing I had to do was to switch flag on upper right next to clock and voilà!

This is FIRST time I see a MAC OS9 ever! I like it so much that I will not even bother with BII anymore.

I'm a very happy camper now. So happy I called my 1000K disk "big mac".

TY all for the amazing support and all efforts deployed here in these forums to help as well dummies as (old) nerds.

Waves (with a azerty w) to those who helped me and now goes to look for games and apps under MacOS 9.

:-D
Feel lucky we cannot put idiots in orbit. It would mask the Sun.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: A happy Camper posting from Classilla...

Post by adespoton »

Félicitations à vous!

Enjoy :)
TiddK
Granny Smith

Re: A happy Camper posting from Classilla...

Post by TiddK »

Classilla is the ONLY browser I've found that even pretends to be useful in Classic Mac.