Load The Musical World of Professor Piccolo CD

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

akama101092
Space Cadet

Load The Musical World of Professor Piccolo CD

Post by akama101092 »

Hello there. I bought a cd rom named "The Musical World of Professor Piccolo" and realize that it is only mac compatible.

I have used the following methods:

-Try to use Basilisk II and mount the cdr file but failed

-Use the same method for SheepShaver, still failed.

Both error messages displayed "Professor Piccolo CD must be in CD-player in order to run correctly."

I am running both programs on Windows 10.
24bit
Forum All-Star

Re: Load The Musical World of Professor Piccolo CD

Post by 24bit »

Did you see this? http://macintoshgarden.org/games/the-mu ... or-piccolo
A slight chance may be Fusion PC with DOS, but much will depend on the CD drive, I`m afraid.
http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/fusion-pc
If your CD is a hybrid one too, it may be the easiest to try with Windows 3.1 or Win9X.
akama101092
Space Cadet

Post by akama101092 »

Okay I tried Fusion PC and going for the setup guide but it seems it's not working.

First the error "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E:" pop up.

Here is a screencap for what I'm trying to do:

Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Both latest Basilisk and SheepShaver for windows can read real cds. Put the cd in the tray and run.

I burned the bin/cue from the macintoshgarden onto a real cd with imgburn, but the cd shows errors. Although the game (minimal version) starts and plays sound. When content is needed it looks for a file it can't find.

Best,
Cat_7
24bit
Forum All-Star

Post by 24bit »

Bad luck it seems.

akama101092, would you mind creating a new bin/cue image from your CD for further investigation?
An adware free old version of IMGBurn is here: http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/imgburn-250
Meanwhile you might try your game with Windows95 in a virtual machine.
akama101092
Space Cadet

Post by akama101092 »

@24bit

Since my CD-ROM is compatible with Mac only, when I burn my CD-ROM in windows, the audio tracks in the CD-ROM is extracted.

However, since I successfully emulated Mac OS X in my Virtual Box, the CD-ROM's contents is recognized.

I'll try burning what I downloaded from macintoshgarden and see if I can emulate it.

EDIT:

I manage to load Professor Piccolo on SheepShaver, but the menu is not accessible.

EDIT 2:

When I combined with the cdr that I made from the emulated Mac OS X with burning and having the CD-ROM inside, Basilisk II successfully launch this application, with sounds.