File Not Found SDL_events.h

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

vpredoehl
Space Cadet

File Not Found SDL_events.h

Post by vpredoehl »

Trying to compile in Xcode 8 OS X Sierra and SDL_events.h file is not found.

Cloned latest out of git. Can't find the file anywhere.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: File Not Found SDL_events.h

Post by adespoton »

SheepShaver won't compile correctly in Xcode 8 I think, but your current issue is that you haven't installed the SDL development libraries. Once you install those from sdl.org, THEN you'll get the compiler errors regarding LLVM.

I recommend you follow the instructions here: http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/com ... r_basilisk

First you'll need to get Snow Leopard up and running inside a virtual machine, and then you'll need to use that as your build environment so you can use gcc 4, which is the last version of gcc (or llvm) that will build the insecure code structure SheepShaver requires.
vpredoehl
Space Cadet

Re: File Not Found SDL_events.h

Post by vpredoehl »

I followed the instructions and the Debug built fine, but the Release did not. It complained that it couldn't find the SDL framework, but I d'led the SDL framework from the provided link and copied it into /Library/Frameworks as instructed.

When I ran the debug version, it immediately quit and Xcode said it exited normally. Is that "normal?"