sheepshaver just won't open anymore...

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Timic83
Space Cadet

sheepshaver just won't open anymore...

Post by Timic83 »

on windows 7. at one point the gui opened and i actually saw emulation in a window of an errored disk, i foolishly tried to update gtk2+ thinking it would fix things (when all i did wrong was not set the ROM...) and i can't even get the sheepshavergui to open now.

https://i.imgur.com/HLqRNuS.png

have uninstalled, reinstalled random gtk versions... nothing works, just wanna get the program to open like it did before
24bit
Forum All-Star

Re: sheepshaver just won't open anymore...

Post by 24bit »

The sledge hammer method:
Restore your Windows OS to a earlier restore point before the mess was created. :)
The restore feature helped me at times when I did not exactly recall what "improvements" I had made.
As things are working again, be sure to create a restore point of your own.
Timic83
Space Cadet

Post by Timic83 »

does anyone know what exactly in gtk2 sheepshaver uses or what this error means? really don't wanna use the sledgehammer method... alternatively, what are some other ways to emulate 90's mac stuff on w7 if i borked this one up
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Please check your environment variables for both your user and system for GTK entries and path entries.

On windows 7 you will find them at:
Computer/Properties/Advanced system settings/Environment Variables

Best,
Cat_7