Can't run PlayerPro Tracker

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

kudosx
Space Cadet

Can't run PlayerPro Tracker

Post by kudosx »

Hey,
I'm trying to run this app: https://sourceforge.net/projects/playerpro/ which is the main reason I'm using SheepShaver. The problem is that if I unzip it on my OSX-machine and then move it to the virtual machine to try and run the program inside the .app-file, I get the following error:"The document "PlayerPRO Player" could not be opened, because the application program that created it could not be found.". It also says "Could not find a translation extension with appropriate translators".

I then tried to move the zip file into the emulation and unzip it using the StuffIt Expander, but there I get this error:"Unknown zip header format encountered. This operation cannot continue."

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance! :)
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Can't run PlayerPro Tracker

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

The version in this download is "PlayerPro Player.app", a Mac OS X application package that will turn into a folder when transferred to MacOS 9 in SheepShaver. It will not run there.
kudosx
Space Cadet

Re: Can't run PlayerPro Tracker

Post by kudosx »

Ronald P. Regensburg wrote:The version in this download is "PlayerPro Player.app", a Mac OS X application package that will turn into a folder when transferred to MacOS 9 in SheepShaver. It will not run there.
Oh, you're right! What's weird is that I tried running it on an emulation, because it didn't work on my Mac, but I just tried it again and now it works? No idea why. Well, anyways, thanks!

Edit: I used the 1.0.0 version on OSX. That one works, the newest doesn't. (in case other people encounter similar issues)