Sheepshaver not recognising Rom

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Tarel
Space Cadet

Sheepshaver not recognising Rom

Post by Tarel »

I'm in Sierra 10.12.6

I downloaded Sheepshaver and extracted the folder, I downloaded the New World PPC Rom from Redundant Robot, placed the folder in the desktop and renamed the Rom to Mac OS ROM and placed it in the Sheepshaver folder. As soon as I launch Sheepshaver it crashes/closes which indicates that there is no ROM file right?

I have tried the workaround where I copy the application to the desktop, delete the original app in the folder and move the copied app in.

What am I missing?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Sheepshaver not recognising Rom

Post by adespoton »

What's the filename extension on Mac OS ROM? Is it .rom but hidden, instead of being totally blank?
Tarel
Space Cadet

Post by Tarel »

I replaced the .rom extension so I don't think it's that, I've just noticed though that the file is listed as a ColecoVision Game kind (I have OpenEmu installed). I'm not sure if that's relevant though.
24bit
Forum All-Star

Post by 24bit »

Is your path to the SheepShaver ROM set correctly?

adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

OpenEmu associates .rom with Colecovision games, so I think the extension must still be there?
Tarel
Space Cadet

Post by Tarel »

Thanks for the help, it turns out I hadn't successfully deleted the .rom, I double clicked on the file originally to rename it and remove the extension, and since I could no longer see the rom extension I assumed it was gone, but apparently not xD

It's working fine now and I'm currently installing OS 9 as I type, thanks for the help :)