On macOS 10.12.6 SheepShaver won't retain preferences

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

straton
Space Cadet

On macOS 10.12.6 SheepShaver won't retain preferences

Post by straton »

I have moved to a new machine running macOS 10.12.6 and I cannot get SheepShaver to retain the preferences after I save them and control-esc to quit. Likewise for the SheepShaverPrefs.app.

I did try the following from "Post subject: SheepShaver builds for Mac OS X, links and downloads" to no avail:
"- macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and later
There is an issue with macOS 10.12 Sierra (in fact with an additional new security feature in Sierra) that prevents a newly installed SheepShaver to run. The procedure to get it running is simply to copy the program (only the SheepShaver application itself!) to the desktop, remove the old program in the SheepShaver folder and move the new copy from the desktop to the SheepShaver folder."

I am running version 2.4 (2014-02-01).

Any thoughts on how to get this working?

Thanks, Jack
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: On macOS 10.12.6 SheepShaver won't retain preferences

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

This problem can happen when there is a permissions issue with the Home folder, specifically when you (as the logged-in user) do not have write permissions to your Home folder. Check permissions in Finder Info for your Home folder.
Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: