Login  •  Register

The time is now: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:48 pm 
Space Cadet

Hello,

I am currently successfully running OS 9 on my laptop which is running High Sierra.
I'm having a lot of trouble trying to run the game I Spy Treasure Hunt from the Mac Repository.
It's a .sit file, so I put it in my shared desktop and it does appear on my OS 9 desktop, but when I try to unstuff it via StuffIt, it gives me the error "The ShrinkWrap engine has reported an error" (Error -39).
I also tried to unarchive it via The Unarchiver, which gives me a .toast, but I don't really know if that would get me any farther.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong! I know I dragged it onto the Stuffit app, instead of just opening it and hoping it would default to being unstuffed upon opening.

Any guidance would be highly appreciated! I am dying to play this game.

Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:12 pm 
Expert User

Hi,

First, never try to run or unpack anything on the Unix drive. Always copy files to your Sheepshaver hard disk before doing any of that. Please note that putting something on your desktop straight from the Unix drive does not copy it to the hard disk.

Second, if you got a toast file after unstuffing the file with the unarchiver, that file is a disk image of the original CD. You can add the toast file as a second disk using the prefs editor. The save the prefs, and shut down SheepShaver. Next start SheepShaver again. If the disk image is readable by SheepShaver, it will appear on your desktop in SheepShaver as a CD.

Best,
Cat_7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:31 am 
Space Cadet

Thank you!!! I was able to get it to work :)