Please HELP! OS 7.6.1

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

ddb02
Space Cadet

Please HELP! OS 7.6.1

Post by ddb02 »

I found a similar post at the forum from 2015 but it was unsolved.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8767

My system is OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), I am running OS 7.6.1 on Sheep Shaver.
I've tried the OS 7.5.3 version as well (like the other member suggested at the other post), but I got the exact same error.

The game is "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" v3.5, I downloaded it at the macintosh repository website.
I can even run the intro video of the game, and the sound works, but it crashes with an error: "unable to prepare waveform sound id #141 :error #10000"

Can someone please help me?
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Please HELP! OS 7.6.1

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

ddb02 wrote:I've tried the OS 7.5.3 version as well (like the other member suggested at the other post), but I got the exact same error.
In the other post was suggested to try it System 7.5.3 "with BII", in BasiliskII instead of SheepShaver. Did you try that?
24bit
Forum All-Star

Re: Please HELP! OS 7.6.1

Post by 24bit »

Ronald, I can only second your advice.
I tried the game in question http://macintoshgarden.org/games/where- ... andiego-35 second DL.
Mounted the ISO with http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/virtual ... cd-utility, and installed the game onto an empty volume under Basilisk II / Sierra.
The game runs without issues in MacOS 7.5.3 as far as I can tell.

The game wants 256 colours to run in Basilisk II, an easy fix, I hope. :)
The game is running just as well under MacOS 8.1 btw, so the OS does not seem to be critical, just the emulated environment.