Problem with installing Mac OS 9.0.4

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Unknown068
Space Cadet

Problem with installing Mac OS 9.0.4

Post by Unknown068 »

I have new to SheepShaver and while I was installing Mac OS 9 it stopped when it says "2 minutes remaining" I kept my computer on for over an hour and the status bar remained unchanged. Any ideas?

My computer :
MacBook Pro 15" Mid-2015
2.5 GHz i7
16 GB DDR3 1600
Radeon R9 M370X + Iris Pro
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Re: Problem with installing Mac OS 9.0.4

Post by emendelson »

Try installing again, but following this instruction from the setup guide on this site:
Proceed with the system installation by starting (double-clicking) the installer “Mac OS Install”.

In some configurations the system installation may stall at the very beginning while “Updating Apple hard disk drivers”. It seems to happen especially with some system install CD disk images.

Wait at least several minutes to be sure that installation is indeed not proceeding past this stage, then cancel the operation and quit the installer. You may need to force quit SheepShaver as well.

Then start again, but in the screen where the actual installation can be started (usually the first screen after the software license agreement), click the “Options…” button and uncheck the option to “Update Apple Hard Disk Drivers”. Installation should now proceed normally.