Networking help request

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

martypants
Space Cadet

Networking help request

Post by martypants »

Right, I've been fiddling around with the networking in PearPC/XP for days now, and I don't seem to have come to many positive results, so I'm coming here for a last ditch plea before I give up entirely. Any help anybody could offer me would REALLY be appreciated. Thanks in advance. The following shots show you my config; hopefully someone can spot what's stopping Safari from finding any servers. The DNS I'm using is my ISP's, but I have tried setting it to the gateway's IP and stuff too.

This is the Realtek card showing up nice and happily in OSX - note it thinks I'm connected to the net properly and stuff:

This is the IP config screen for the network connection:

And here are my network settings in Windows - apologies if my OSX-theme causes any confusion :)

Thanks again in advance.
Yukon Kid
Mac Mechanic

Post by Yukon Kid »

if you check the status on your "connection 3" do you get any send or receive traffic?

I am having troubles as well, I was lucky enough to get the green connection in osx but after a restart I was back to no connection.

I seem to see send traffic no matter if I have a valid osx connection or not, but with it green I did manage to have "some" receive traffic.

1 more thing, are you on a lan or do you have only 1 computer connected to the net?

have you tried bridging the "cards" in Windows?

maybe we are suffering from the same problem.
Trombone Bob
Tinkerer

Post by Trombone Bob »

You have the wrong connection shared. You need to share the one with the active connection not the TAP one. Then set the mac to DHCP. Also try bridging the connections rather that sharing them if that does not work
martypants
Space Cadet

Post by martypants »

Trombone Bob wrote:You have the wrong connection shared. You need to share the one with the active connection not the TAP one. Then set the mac to DHCP. Also try bridging the connections rather that sharing them if that does not work
Oh man, I followed the instructions over and over and I completely missed that I was sharing the wrong connection! How dumb do I feel? I'll try this when I get home. Thanks!