Mouse Gets Away on SDL Builds?

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Mouse Gets Away on SDL Builds?

Post by Mac Emu »

I tried searching this board for a similar problem but couldn't find anything ...

Is there a known problem with the mouse on SDL builds on certain systems? Using the SDL builds causes my mouse to fall out of the emulation before it reaches the perimeter of the Mac desktop.

Anyone know what I am talking about and maybe how to solve it?

The nightly CVS builds work without the problem. Just that double-clicking doesn't work for me with the CVS builds.

Mac OS X 10.2.8 & 10.1.2
Windows XP SP1+
Althlon XP+ 2500
Jackalo
Granny Smith

Post by Jackalo »

It was an issue with the new mouse grab code layered with the SDL builds.

Hopefully it shouldn't be a problem with the new pre0.3 SDL build that is 'released'.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Thanks.

I was using the ppc-sdl.0003.exe build from 6/10/04. Is there a new one?

(Should or can I rename it to ppc.exe, which I did?)
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

This may get a little ugly and I am not sure if this is something that is resolved in the newest build...HOWEVER I might explain and prehaps it should clear it up for future post....

In the previous build the mouse was on a one by entry movement course (where the mouse entered and exited in relation to the emulator was according to the ratio of the screen resolution)

In other words if you had the emulator mouse in the lower right hand corner and entered the mouse from the client in the lower right hand corner you had 1:1 till you left the emulator however if you entered the emulator with the host mouse on a different entry point it still picked up from the last point in the emulator in relation to it's screen resolution.

The only way I found to resolve this was to bring the mouse with smaller movement to an originating point so the host mouse would enter at that point....i.e. a corner, or edge. Therefore allowing full 1:1 movement to begin at that point (my whole reason to stop using SDL).

I think that is because of.....

The resolve point between the Host and the Client looses some translation in the exit point and re-entry point.

If you weren't confused you sure are now however if this helps explains anything please let me know and once this is resolved I'll move it to the FAQ's or so.
prasys
Forum All-Star

Post by prasys »

Cyber said it all , well , sorry for not posting for a while because my ISP was down for a few days...:D
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

Anyone else feel like posting toward this just to confirm what's being said so I can migrate this toward FAQ'ville?
CaptainValor
Forum All-Star

Post by CaptainValor »

Why do so many people complain about this? Just press SHIFT-F9 in any SDL build to grab the mouse. No more "falling out".
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

I didn't see any documentation on this. I'll try it out, thanks.
trygvebw
Granny Smith

Post by trygvebw »

I have a (maybe related) problem: in all CVS or SDL versions excpet for the 0.2.0 and 0.1.x versions and old slow CVS and SDLs the mouse just works at the TOP of the screen. When i move the pointer down the mouse dissappears, but when i take it to the top again it appears. Anyone know the couse?
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

trygvebw wrote:I have a (maybe related) problem: in all CVS or SDL versions excpet for the 0.2.0 and 0.1.x versions and old slow CVS and SDLs
I don't understand what builds are you having problems with? Your saying all the previous builds gave you problems or all the newer builds?
trygvebw
Granny Smith

Post by trygvebw »

Cybermagellan wrote:
trygvebw wrote:I have a (maybe related) problem: in all CVS or SDL versions except for the 0.2.0 and 0.1.x versions and old slow CVS and SDLs
I don't understand what builds are you having problems with? Your saying all the previous builds gave you problems or all the newer builds?
The old builds and the 0.2.0 builds work, but not the pre0.3s and the SDL builds. :)
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

Can you try it again with a new pull from CVS....I was told alot of graphic issues were resolved with last night's build
trygvebw
Granny Smith

Post by trygvebw »

Its fixed! Thanks!! :)