[IO/rt18139 ] <Warning> Internal Buffer wrapped around

About PearPC, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux that can run MacOS X up to 10.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Trombone Bob
Tinkerer

[IO/rt18139 ] <Warning> Internal Buffer wrapped around

Post by Trombone Bob »

I am having difficulty geting the network. I have installed the Tap adapter and it works with colinux but PearPC is not "connceting" with it and all I get in the black screen is the message up at the top. It had been a while sence I used PearPC (ver .2pre) so I updated the the full version .3 and now nothing so I got Richard Gordon Altivec build and still nothing. I am using both 10.2 and 10.3 and trying both the 3com and the Realtec. I have tried the new PearGUI to configure but still no luck
Thanks to all for help
rccola70
Tinkerer

Its not your fault..

Post by rccola70 »

I get the error sometimes too..on ALL builds, SDL, Altivec, standard, SDL Altivec etc.

It works about 30-40% of the time...and as far as I know, the 3Com one still doesn't work.

So..just keep trying with the nightlies.. :wink:
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

I have networking up and running with 0.3 official, so it isn't the build that has the problem.
Once you've made something idiot proof, they go and invent a better idiot!
Trombone Bob
Tinkerer

Post by Trombone Bob »

No I agree its not the build. I think the problem is the Tap in not getting "pluged in" it just sits there not connected. When I run colinux the adapeter gets pluged in but not when I run PearPC any ideas why pear will not plugin the adapter?
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

Post the IP addresses for your network card, TAP adapter and OSX. It might be easier to see from them.
Once you've made something idiot proof, they go and invent a better idiot!
Trombone Bob
Tinkerer

Post by Trombone Bob »

I reinstalled colinux and got the Tap to come up now but still no network. The ip for Tap is 192.168.0.1 ; The IP for the NIC is DHCP assigned and is 172.31.18.107 ; OSX is DHCP and states Self-assigned 169.254.136.99 I am using the internet connection sharing I have briged the connections but to no avail
Trombone Bob
Tinkerer

Post by Trombone Bob »

YESSSSSSSSSS.
I got it to work on my 10.3 installation. I had to log in as root and uninstall the drivers for the network card and reinstall them. Thanks for all your help. Now to get 10.2 to work (little harder)
vengadrew
Space Cadet

Ugh.. Make it Stop!

Post by vengadrew »

I constantly get the buffer wrapped around error... it drives me nuts and to add to the frustration.. i can only seem to make it work once every 20 attempts or so.. and it works flawlessly DHCP and all when it works.. for exactly one boot of pear pc.. then not again for another bunch of attempts...

"I had to log in as root and uninstall the drivers for the network card and reinstall them."

Are you referring to the TAP driver on linux or the networking driver in MAC OS X... I'm running mine on a Windows XP SP2 machine... Any help from anyone on this would be greatly appreciated!!! Please!!
rccola70
Tinkerer

well

Post by rccola70 »

well, my connections are bridged, so theres not way to set the IPs of the individual connections...

The connection to internet works great, and when pear pc is on, the TAP adapter is plugged in.

Any luck with the 3Com adapter?
Trombone Bob
Tinkerer

Post by Trombone Bob »

Are you referring to the TAP driver on linux or the networking driver in MAC OS X
Mac OS X.
Also I am now using the .4pre build from Richard's site also I reinstalled coLinux to use a curent version of the Tap for win xp.
Any luck with the 3Com adapter?
When I use the 3com card I get something about packets not passing through the filter so that is why I am using the realtec also I am using os 10.3. I still have not gotten networking to connect in 10.2.
Yukon Kid
Mac Mechanic

Post by Yukon Kid »

T B are you running linux or xp?

My tap32 is bridged to my nic. but i have the same trouble with sharing.
I use the 3com and I see the same messages as you but once osx starts and takes over the nic, things work ok. having said this I must also say that I only can net with a pre july version of pearpc. all the other versions seem to fill the incoming buffer and not proccess the data.
I have not tried to use a proxy yet, I think this will be my fall project.

I am using xp. I am wondering if there is something different between the upgrade to xp and the full version, as some people have no problems networking and some have no success. I have trouble and I used the upgrade to xp home from win98SE.
marty
Space Cadet

Problem with Bridged Network

Post by marty »

It seems like when PPC is turned on with briged network, the warning "internal buffer is wrapped around" appears. I have assigned an IP to my TAP-Device (10.1.1.1), without adding my TAP-Device to the Bridge. I boot my ppc and when the System is up, I add the TAP-Device to the bridge, get an IP by DHCP an Network is running.
arkainedrk
Student Driver

Hmmm...

Post by arkainedrk »

Both of the 0.3 and the 0.4pre works on my system...
Here's my config...

ppc_start_resolution="800x600x15"
redraw_interval_msec=15
key_change_cd_0="F9"
key_toggle_full_screen="F10"
key_compose_dialog="F11"
key_toggle_mouse_grab="F12"
prom_bootmethod="select"
prom_env_bootargs=""
prom_env_machargs=""
page_table_pa=104857600
## 0x00088302=G3,0x000c0000=G4,0x00390202=G5
cpu_pvr=0x00088302
memory_size=0x10000000
pci_ide0_master_installed=1
pci_ide0_master_image="osx10_3_5.img"
pci_ide0_master_type="hd"
pci_ide0_slave_installed=1
pci_ide0_slave_image="C:\iso\officex.iso"
pci_ide0_slave_type="cdrom"
pci_3c90x_installed=0
pci_3c90x_mac="00:04:76:ab:43:82"
pci_rtl8139_installed=1
pci_rtl8139_mac="00:04:76:ab:43:82"
pci_usb_installed=1
nvram_file="nvram"

My system a a Soyo Dragon2 MB with a 2.8Ghz. P4 (HT) , 1.5Gb. DDR400 memory. 2 - 200Gb. Seagate HD's. Using TAP-Win32 Adapter V8 virtual adapter. I have set my "real" adapter to be shared with the virtual one.
Works fine. Take a look at the screen shots on Pearpc.net
Jack Hair
Student Driver

Post by Jack Hair »

There's 1 thing that might help get rid of the error - go to device-manager and double-click the TAP connection. Go to the advanced tab/media status, and put it on "always connected"

Since i setup TAP this way ive never gotten the error again.
yyyc186
Student Driver

Post by yyyc186 »

Trombone Bob - YESSSSSSSSSS.
I got it to work on my 10.3 installation. I had to log in as root and uninstall the drivers for the network card and reinstall them. Thanks for all your help. Now to get 10.2 to work (little harder)

Can you (or someone else who knows) tell me what I need to do to "uninstall the drivers and reinstall them" with some stepwise instructions?

I've tried all types of things on OS 10.3.6 but I get this error the whole time so I'd love to uninstall/reinstall.