someone check out my website: pearpc.i8.com

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

willhart
Apple Corer

someone check out my website: pearpc.i8.com

Post by willhart »

Hey. I made myself a PearPC site yesterday, and I'm just interested to see what people think of it. It doesn't really have anything yet though soo...make some suggestions. i'm kinda new to website making.

http://www.pearpc.i8.com
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Love your CherryOS screenshot.

You might not want any screenshots of PearPC having problems (OpenGL, networking, etc.). Focus on the positive.

Will you make this webpage a news page and add additional pages of maybe archived screenshots, links, etc.?

I'd like to see a list of Mac OS applications that either do or do not run on PearPC. Maybe that would work as a new thread on this forum. i.e.

Works: Office 2004 Test Drive, ...

Doesn't Work: Warcraft III, ...
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

Mac Emu wrote:Doesn't Work: Warcraft III, ...
Even if it does work, it'll be too slow (unless you have a 10+ GHz A64 :D ).
wiebeest
Tinkerer

Re: someone check out my website: pearpc.i8.com

Post by wiebeest »

willhart wrote:Hey. I made myself a PearPC site yesterday, and I'm just interested to see what people think of it. It doesn't really have anything yet though soo...make some suggestions. i'm kinda new to website making.

Link doesn't work???
willhart
Apple Corer

Post by willhart »

wiebeest wrote:
willhart wrote:Hey. I made myself a PearPC site yesterday, and I'm just interested to see what people think of it. It doesn't really have anything yet though soo...make some suggestions. i'm kinda new to website making.

Link doesn't work???
It works in FireFox. Haven't tested it in anything else, but maybe by accident the link doesn't work in M$IE? Also I try to include lots of Alpha Channel PNGs in my site just because Internet Explorer is the only browser that gets confused with those.
wiebeest
Tinkerer

Post by wiebeest »

willhart wrote:
Link doesn't work??? It works in FireFox. Haven't tested it in anything else, but maybe by accident the link doesn't work in M$IE? Also I try to include lots of Alpha Channel PNGs in my site just because Internet Explorer is the only browser that gets confused with those.
I'm using Opera...but it works now
willhart
Apple Corer

Post by willhart »

http://pearpc.i8.com/howto1.htm
It took my a loooong time to make a how to on installing PearPC. This might be the first complete how-to that considers nativecdrom support. So if you want to know how to install PearPC without having to make an .iso, just read my guide. :D
trygvebw
Granny Smith

Post by trygvebw »

Maybe thinner table borders and no blue gradient in the topic bars? Anyway great site. :)
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

willhart wrote:Also I try to include lots of Alpha Channel PNGs in my site just because Internet Explorer is the only browser that gets confused with those.
Congratulations on that decision. I hate IE too.

BTW how do you create alpha channel PNGs?
willhart
Apple Corer

Post by willhart »

Alpha Channel .PNG's are .PNG's that have a transperancy layer in them. For example, you know the way that Mac OS icons have beautiful shadows and semi-transperancies? Mac OS icons are actually based on alpha channel .PNG's. They've got more info on PNG's here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PNG
templest
Tinkerer

Post by templest »

omgwtfbbq! Where did you get the cherry pie!? I want a slice!!!one!!11
natcom26
Inquisitive Elf

Post by natcom26 »

i like the website but the guide is not working for me im trying to reinstall my pearpc o4 pre
prasys
Forum All-Star

Post by prasys »

Cool Site , kudos for you....

I like it

Where you got CherryOS , erm , I think I know
l0stsk8r99
Space Cadet

Post by l0stsk8r99 »

Your site is good and everything, but the PearHD file is all wrong. Please do something about it.
Maxwell Smart
Student Driver

Post by Maxwell Smart »

I like your site, but it looks like you need some better hosting. I can offer you some free hosting with unlimited bandwith (not over like 119 megs of bandwith....lol) and like 500 megs of storage (no illegal stuff) and a subdomain of my site zaxgames.com (i know it sucks, i havent had time to work on it). So you could have like pearpc.zaxgames.com. Contact me on aim or yahoo if your interested and i can set you up with an ftp.