Hell Of a Time with ICS

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Barron Von Machintosh
Space Cadet

Hell Of a Time with ICS

Post by Barron Von Machintosh »

I have no idea what to do here, i looked around but am at a loss and this is my last place to look. I tried to use the ICS in Windows XP SP2. I have a router and it uses 192.168.0.1 as its ip. so when i Try to Turn on ICS and click apply it says that 192.168.0.1 is already in use and then un checks ICS. Please, Some one help me. I am using the Latest Pearpc build(Fuck Cherryos) with Open Vpnbeta02 and Running Mac OS X Panther 10.3. My PC Specs are P4 3.0E Ghz with 512 DDR 400, Liquid cooler PRocessor. Asus P4S800 Mobo. 450watt PSU. Ati Radeon 9800 XT, Blah Blah Blah SIS - 900 Based PCI Network Adapter running at 100mbps but is a 1gbps capible. Please If anyone has had this problem and can help me or If Anyone Just knows what to do that would be great. Whats the point of using Mac OS X with out the net.
CaptainValor
Forum All-Star

Post by CaptainValor »

I too am having this problem. Is there any way to change the IP that ICS uses by default? I can't change the IP address of my router either.

Thanks guys. :)
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

maclover12 wrote:i am having that problem too could any1 help?
Sure. The main advantage of the Windows XP ICS over the Windows 98 ICS is that it doesn't care what its IP address is. So in order for this to work, you simply need to temporarily unplug your computer from the network, enable ICS, change your computer's IP address (in the TAP adapter), and replug it into the network (but don't forget to set the TAP adapter to an address in another subnet, for example, 192.168.1.1). Then just set Mac OS X to an address in the same subnet as the TAP adapter (for example, 192.168.1.2), set its gateway address to the real computer's TAP IP address, and copy the DNS server address from your internet connection. (the subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0 in both the real computer and the emulated one, as always in 192.168.x.x addresses)
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

First, how do you connect to the internet from Windows? You just plug the cable and it works, or do you have to dial a connection first?