Login  •  Register

The time is now: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:40 am

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 4 of 4 [ 83 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:43 pm 
Expert User

When setting PearPC to use the rlt8139 network card, it finds that tun.kext has not been loaded.
So perhaps when loaded it can use the tunnel. I cannot try, my Hackintosh has become too unstable ;-)

Best,
Cat_7

Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:40 am 
Apple Corer

apparently the stumbling block on OS X is the binutils is ancient and out of sync. Although I'm not sure you can really drop in a new 'as' ... Maybe some other as can pre-parse the macros? I really don't know.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:38 am 
Forum All-Star

What config flags are you guys using for your builds? I'm attempting --enable-ui sdl on the latest github source, and after the output says it has created a window, I still have none. All my SDL libs are up to date (I have brew and native libs installed). I'm trying to compile with --enable-cpu jitc_x86_64 and --enable-debug=no, and those bits appear to be working (and quite zippy) -- but without the UI, it's kind of hard to tell.

Anyone have ideas?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:48 am 
Expert User

Indeed, no window. A Ctrl-C in the ppc command window gave me an empty SDL window ;-)

[Display/SDL]: changeRes got called
[Display/SDL]: SDL: Changing resolution to 800x600x15
[Display/SDL]: can use SWSURFACE
[Display/SDL]: can use HWACCEL
[Display/SDL]: changeRes got called
^C[Display/SDL]: changeRes got called
CoreAnimation: warning, deleted thread with uncommitted CATransaction; set CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1 in environment to log backtraces.

I tried with X and that does show a window, although I cannot type in it.

Best,
Cat_7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:22 pm 
Space Cadet

I just found this thread, and I'm interested in running the OG (original gangsta lol) Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah for nostalgia's sake. I don't have Windows installed on any of my machines, and I prefer to keep it that way. I'm currently running a Hackintosh, and I think it'd be so cool to run 10.0.0 a top 10.12.3. Such a huge leap.

So, when I try this in generic CPU mode using the binary that Cat_7 provided I can never reach the OS X installer. Can someone help me with that?

I've also PM'd nirvanai asking him if he could repost his jitc enabled binary, as well as his source patch so I can attempt to compile PearPC myself on my own hardware.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Shiggitay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:06 am 
Forum All-Star

PearPC only emulates 10.2.0 through 10.4.11 PPC (although I once wedged 10.1 onto it with a LOT of difficulty).

You want to use Qemu to emulate 10.0 (and the public beta and Developer Previews). See the Qemu section for more info; 2.8 will run Mac OS 9.0.4 through 10.5.6 PPC with the correct builds and tweaks. Includes networking and rudimentary audio, runs on OS X and Linux.

[edit] also, I've always found that running PearPC Windows in WineSkin results in better JIT performance than the OS X build -- but of course, Tun/Tap networking won't work in WineSkin.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:05 am 
Space Cadet

adespoton wrote:
PearPC only emulates 10.2.0 through 10.4.11 PPC (although I once wedged 10.1 onto it with a LOT of difficulty).

You want to use Qemu to emulate 10.0 (and the public beta and Developer Previews). See the Qemu section for more info; 2.8 will run Mac OS 9.0.4 through 10.5.6 PPC with the correct builds and tweaks. Includes networking and rudimentary audio, runs on OS X and Linux.

[edit] also, I've always found that running PearPC Windows in WineSkin results in better JIT performance than the OS X build -- but of course, Tun/Tap networking won't work in WineSkin.

Ah awesome! Thank you for that. Also, Don't you post to MacScene as "_Em"? I recognize that stoplight avatar.

EDIT: Not to go too far off topic, as this is the PearPC forum, but I got it working! Thanks again!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:37 pm 
Forum All-Star

You'll see my avatar in a number of places :) It's a reference to my old Hotline icon.

Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 4 of 4 [ 83 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4