Cythera 20th Anniversary Livestream on Sep. 13!

Anything not about Mac emulation.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Elyus
Tinkerer

Cythera 20th Anniversary Livestream on Sep. 13!

Post by Elyus »

Given the recent discussion about Ambrosia on this board, I thought I'd mention that Ambrosia Software's Cythera just passed 20 years since release. To celebrate, several of us are planning a 20th anniversary livestream event, similar to Avara and EVO's streams.

It will be September 13, 8-10pm Central (1am UTC), at https://www.twitch.tv/cytheraguides

It may mostly be directed at fans of Cythera and/or Ambrosia, but really any classic Mac game enthusiast may find it interesting, so if you're available, feel free to drop in and say Hi! :smile:

Edit: Twitch Event Link
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Cythera 20th Anniversary Livestream on Sep. 13!

Post by adespoton »

Avara and EV/EVO were the sweet spot of Ambrosia's titles for me, along with Barrack and Maelstrom. By the time Cythera came along, I have to admit I'd already moved on to other things (like MUD area design). I may need to tune in just to see what I missed!
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

I'm watching live!
Elyus
Tinkerer

Post by Elyus »

Thanks for watching! Here's the archived version on YouTube: https://youtu.be/gLCl7elzN-s

Our surprise guest was Glenn Andreas, author of Cythera. He'd planned to be on the audio commentary, but due to some last minute technical issues, he was only able to participate in the text chat. We still had a lot of great discussion, and I hope everyone enjoyed the livestream! :-)
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

I watched the whole three hours. :)

Let us know if you do any more streams of classic games.
Elyus
Tinkerer

Post by Elyus »

Thanks, ClockWise!

Another classic Ambrosia game is turning 20 this week too, so I wanted to share the Ares Livestream for anyone interested. I'll be there tonight!