Cutomized forum?

Anything not about Mac emulation.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

emendelson
Forum All-Star

Cutomized forum?

Post by emendelson »

I don't want to add to the burdens of the admins, who already have more than enough to keep them busy, but is there any hope of a customized bulletin board, like the old one? It was one of the best-looking forums on the net.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Cutomized forum?

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

No, although we regret to have to say goodbye to our custom theme, it is simply too much hard work.
For the previous forum upgrade I recreated our custom style for that, then new, phpBB version. I am not going to do that again.

We are looking for an existing style that can be made to our liking with a few minor changes.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Sadly, the theme was originally created way back in 2002. Through a Herculean effort Ronald was able to update it to more modern versions of the board software until 2020, but that just isn't feasible anymore. The current versions of phpbb are just way too different.
swordlink1
Tinkerer

Post by swordlink1 »

So that's why the forum looks very different...
If you need more info, tell me ;)
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Indeed. This is the default phpBB style, but a very nice new custom theme is being adapted for our forum. In a couple of days it will be ready.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

You seeing the newest forum design now? I think I moved everyone's default setting over to it.
emendelson wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:24 am I don't want to add to the burdens of the admins, who already have more than enough to keep them busy, but is there any hope of a customized bulletin board, like the old one? It was one of the best-looking forums on the net.
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Post by emendelson »

Yes, and it's very nice to see. Thanks to the admins!