Anything not about Mac emulation.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

ClockWise
Site Admin

Glider for Android (and Windows)

Post by ClockWise »

Here's a port of Glider to Android. It's called Aerofoil:

https://galeforcegames.itch.io/aerofoil

Not on the Play Store yet, but you can download an apk and install it yourself. The same site includes a Windows version, but that has been available for some time.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Glider for Android (and Windows)

Post by adespoton »

No plans by the developer to build an iOS or macOS version.
OneEightHundred
Space Cadet

Post by OneEightHundred »

adespoton wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:59 pm No plans by the developer to build an iOS or macOS version.
Hey, to be clear, I do want to get a macOS version working, but I don't have a Mac or an Apple Developer ID, so I'm looking for a volunteer to maintain the Mac version.

It should not be very much work to get the Mac version working from the SDL/GLES2 Windows version and the POSIX low-level functions used by the Android port. It was designed to be very easy to port, but I don't have the means to do it myself.

iOS is probably pretty straightforward to port from the Android port too but there are multiple issues that may cause it to be rejected from the App Store.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

OneEightHundred wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:10 am
adespoton wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:59 pm No plans by the developer to build an iOS or macOS version.
Hey, to be clear, I do want to get a macOS version working, but I don't have a Mac or an Apple Developer ID, so I'm looking for a volunteer to maintain the Mac version.

It should not be very much work to get the Mac version working from the SDL/GLES2 Windows version and the POSIX low-level functions used by the Android port. It was designed to be very easy to port, but I don't have the means to do it myself.

iOS is probably pretty straightforward to port from the Android port too but there are multiple issues that may cause it to be rejected from the App Store.
There's some guys on the Macintosh Garden forums who do SDL builds of OSS stuff for OS X PPC; they'd probably be more than interested in doing a port to there. I'm sure there's someone who would be happy to maintain the iOS and macOS ports; unfortunately it can't be me as my dev cert expires next month.