I don't know...

Anything not about Mac emulation.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

templest
Tinkerer

Post by templest »

Assumptions only lead to missunderstandings. First off, let me rephrase what I previously said:

"Your son's belief that going to war on Iraq is the right thing to do, is idiotic".

I never said that your son shouldn't go to war, in fact, like you, I'll fight for the right of other people any day. But this war on Iraq isn't fighting for the freedoms of anyone, this is a fight for dominance, wealth, and power. I feel sorry for the closed-minded people that think that every time the president of the U.S. says they should go to war, that it's the right thing to do, without questioning the reason to fight, harder. People let their emotions get in the way of their decisions, and that's exactly what the government is benefiting from. I sincerely feel sorry for you. But that's your decision, and I respect that opinion. And as you're all for the "rights & freedoms" thing, you have to recognize: I'm entitled to my "Freedom of Speech". There's only one difference from me and the moderators that deleted your posts: I don't only recognize my freedoms and rights, I recognize yours as well.

And robojam, can we get through this conversation without having to resort to such inane remarks as: "I think templest is very young and has issues of his own"? First of all, I may not be fifty years old, but I do have a sound enough mind to have intelligable conversations without having to resort to petty insults. My comment may have been "rude" and "arrogant", but unlike you, I base my statements on my beliefs and morals; and more importantly: Facts. Yours are based on assumptions.
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

That's not what you said. You said that his son was an idiot, and you didn't qualify it in any way.

Which totally destroys your argument that you don't resort to petty insults, and shows that you have no repect for the rights of others except where you deem that it is a right.

I really would give up this argument little boy, you're not getting anywhere or making any friends.
Once you've made something idiot proof, they go and invent a better idiot!
templest
Tinkerer

Post by templest »

robojam wrote:That's not what you said. You said that his son was an idiot, and you didn't qualify it in any way.

Which totally destroys your argument that you don't resort to petty insults, and shows that you have no repect for the rights of others except where you deem that it is a right.

I really would give up this argument little boy, you're not getting anywhere or making any friends.
I justified my comment in the succeeding post, therefor: I did "qualify" it, and it was "qualified" to begin with, whether I made it clear to anyone or not; you just assumed I'm a child, and decided to use that "petty" remark against me. I never "assumed" they were "idiots", I stated my opinion that his ideals were idiotic. If you don't like what I say, do what ClockWise did, ask me to stop; don't start a flame war over it. I missworded the statement in the previous post, thus my correction, stop beating a dead horse.
This is interesting; very interesting, indeed. Would you care to explain how not justifying a post, has anything to do with one's "respect" for the "rights of other's except where one deems that it is a right."? I fail to see the correlation; is that just a sentence that you decided to put together to make yourself feel superior? Image
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

Tut, tut - we do have a temper when we get a taste of our own medicine don't we.

I'm glad that you see that it's wrong to be insulting to others, so why don't we just end this post on your apology and try not to be insulting in future? :wink:
templest
Tinkerer

Post by templest »

robojam wrote:Tut, tut - we do have a temper when we get a taste of our own medicine don't we.

I'm glad that you see that it's wrong to be insulting to others, so why don't we just end this post on your apology and try not to be insulting in future? :wink:
Who's lost his temper? If I had lost my temper I'd have thrown a couple of "FUCK YOU!"s in there. :?
willhart
Apple Corer

Post by willhart »

this is one of those things that never ends because everyone thinks everyone else is annoyed, when no one really is. *please don't flame me for saying anything you don't like!* but seriously, this thread's kinda lame. if no one's learning anything from it, it shouldn't be on a forum. that's what i say.
templest
Tinkerer

Post by templest »

willhart wrote:this is one of those things that never ends because everyone thinks everyone else is annoyed, when no one really is. *please don't flame me for saying anything you don't like!* but seriously, this thread's kinda lame. if no one's learning anything from it, it shouldn't be on a forum. that's what i say.
Who said forums where intended to be a learning experience? This could be a whole thread of spam for all we care; well, as long as no one cares, it could be. :? Forums are to discuss. Pointless discussions are still discussions.
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

But still pointless...
templest
Tinkerer

Post by templest »

... but still discussions... :P
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

robojam wrote:But still pointless...
And you say I am the one who easily get dragged into pointless arguments/discussions.
templest wrote:... but still discussions... :P
You too.
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

True, but I must admit you aren't offensive to people, just argumentative. I probably am too, and I won't deny that has happened here.

However, I'm happy to leave it there now that templest has apologized (sort of) for being so rude to the poor guy.
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

I watched this thread from the beginning and got angry each time a new reply was posted. I hate political arguments because everyone thinks they are right (and everybody else is wrong) and won't listen to other people's opinions.
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

It wasn't that which made me object, it was the line "Sir your son is an idiot". It was obviously considered very offensive otherwise the moderators would not have removed it.

You shouldn't get so angry about everything though - stress is worse for you than politics... :wink:
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

The bottom line is that I hate politics.
templest
Tinkerer

Post by templest »

PPC_Digger wrote:The bottom line is that I hate politics.
Politics was invented as a joke at some keggar way back in the day, and the joke got way out of hand. You were never told this? :?...

... wait, revealing classified information. Nevermind, nothing to see here.
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

PPC_Digger wrote:The bottom line is that I hate politics.
Try reading something like 'Republic' by Plato or 'The Prince' by Machiavelli - you'll see that politics is something that has bothered people for thousands (or hundreds in the case of Machiavelli) for years.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

WHO HOLDS BACK THE ELECTRIC CAR? WHO MADE STEVE GUTTENBURG A STAR?

WE DO! WE DO!
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

Ah, the Stonecutters...wouldn't be any kind of masonic connection there would there...?