WinMac 4.91

Anything not about Mac emulation.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Jackalo
Granny Smith

Post by Jackalo »

After downloading the new SP2, I am a bit impressed. Most of the menus are faster, but the Window loading time is still a bit too lengthy, it really makes me notice that it is not in fact the real thing.

Also, I have noticed the following error message when browsing through the 'Window' drop down list, which has the title of 'Finder':
Run-time error '5':

Invalid procedure call or argument
If you were to create a debug version that dumps the text to a file, it might aid in finding out where the problem resides.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Are you using an OS that has been released yet?
Jackalo
Granny Smith

Post by Jackalo »

http://www.jackalo.d2g.com/images/winmac_finder.jpg

The delay is 2-3 seconds everytime when I click on 'Windows'. The only view modes that 'Windows' item is available in are the OS X / Server / Brushed modes. The OS 9 and prior modes are significantly faster (feeling like a real menu), but I kind of like that 'Brushed Metal' look.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

I just installed the SP3 to check things out. Under brushed metal on Win2k SP3 on Athlon 1.05 GHz, the Window menu is instantaneous ... with 15 running apps in the menu.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

While installing some Sygwin packages, the Window menu takes a good 5 seconds or more to drop down. So maybe during processor intensive tasks, the Window menu is severely delayed. And perhaps, in Jackalo's case, Windows 2003 Server in itself is processor intensive.
Dopey

Post by Dopey »

Hi!

I like this project alot! Just have 1 question, can I change the font used to display the time in the MacOS7/8/9/XS style? Thanks alot!! :D
Jackalo
Granny Smith

Post by Jackalo »

I think I figured it out after what Jim had mentioned. I was running SETI@Home in the background (I've all but forgotten that lonely icon in my system tray...). Setting a different Priority for WinMac was unsuccessful at speeding it up a bit. Only way to get full speed is to close SETI@Home, sadly enough. Aw well, back to ObjectBar I go.