Ocarina of Time documentary

Anything not about Mac emulation.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

fanman93
Granny Smith

Ocarina of Time documentary

Post by fanman93 »

Well, I know how I'm going to be passing *my* summer; I'm going to be directing and producing an Ocarina of Time documentary, which will come out, hopefully, sometime next year. Or, if at all possible, within the remainder of this year. I do have a couple of snags, though.

First, what video sharing site should I post this on? Obviously, one does post on Youtube, but what other sites would you recommend?

Second, would anyone actually watch something like this? It's pretty much 4 to 8 hours of gameplay compressed into a two-hour feature-length movie. That, and some crazy comments from people I have in mind.

Third, does anyone have some good movie editing software they could recommend? Keep in mind that I'm operating in a very low budget situation, here.

Do let me know any questions/concerns!
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

I'm not familiar with what your are trying to achieve, but about your third point: I read a review of Sony's Vegas Movie studio here http://www.osnews.com/story/24920/Revie ... latinum_11
Is that something you could use? What is your host system?

EDIT: I just read up on Ocarina of Time.

Best,
Cat_7
macdro
Tinkerer

Post by macdro »

Vimeo is exactly the kind of site people tend to post longer form videos/documentaries on, so that would be one to look at. As Cat mentioned, what OS are you running? If Mac, iMovie is fairly competent.
fanman93
Granny Smith

Post by fanman93 »

Unfortunately, I have Windows as my main OS; I do, however, have a separate Linux partition that I can use. I do have a hackintosh in virtualbox, but that wouldn't be great for editing.

As to what I could or would like to achieve, my main purpose is to bring to light the game's complicated story, the subplot of the other games in the series, and the general quirks that some of the game has. Sorry about not posting a Wikipedia link; I suppose I shouldn't assume that everyone knows about his game.

Thanks for the site. I'll be checking that one out for sure.
macdro
Tinkerer

Post by macdro »

It's quite timely with the 3DS remake just having been released.