[SOLVED] Looking for a Japanese System Software 6.

Anything not about Mac emulation.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Silent Flamer
Master Emulator

[SOLVED] Looking for a Japanese System Software 6.

Post by Silent Flamer »

^^ What the topic title says. I looked around a few sites, but most are dead, and all the surviving ones don't have a copy of it. I would sincerely appreciate if anyone could enlighten me of the means to find a disk image for it?

*EDIT* Found KanjiTalk in MacGUI as the others have suggested. Install on a North American 6.0.7 system for Japanese localization.
Last edited by Silent Flamer on Tue May 06, 2014 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Looking for a Japanese System Software 6.

Post by adespoton »

6.0.8L is probably what you want; it's internationalized for the pacific rim (still defaults to US English) and is the latest version released.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TA28558
It supports a limited hardware set though, so you might need 6.0.8 (Jp) instead.

You'll also need KanjiTalk 6.0, which is the harder bit to find.
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Post by emendelson »

adespoton wrote: You'll also need KanjiTalk 6.0, which is the harder bit to find.
Is this it?

Moderator edit:
- Link removed
- Search macgui.com for kanjitalk
Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Mon May 05, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason:  
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

Yes, but I thought we weren't putting links like that on the forums.

Moderator edit: Indeed.
Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Mon May 05, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason:  
Silent Flamer
Master Emulator

Post by Silent Flamer »

What is version 6.0.8L?

System software version 6.0.8L allows you to use System 6 on your computer while sharing a network with System 7 users. As the L in the version number indicates, this software runs on a limited number of computers. It is primarily intended for the Macintosh Classic II and Macintosh PowerBook 100. However, it also runs on the Macintosh Classic, Macintosh LC, and Macintosh LC II. System software version 6.0.8L does not work on any other Macintosh computers.
System Software 6.0.8L, as I remembered it from my looking around yesterday, isn't that far off from 6.0.8. It does say at the top of the readme that it was 6.0.8 re-engineered for the Pacific market, but none of the new features state anything about support for Asian languages. Not to mention none of these would run in a Macintosh Plus, although I forgot to mention that (didn't think it would be important; I'm looking for this for use in Mini vMac, hence the disk image).
adespoton wrote:6.0.8L is probably what you want; it's internationalized for the pacific rim (still defaults to US English) and is the latest version released.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TA28558
It supports a limited hardware set though, so you might need 6.0.8 (Jp) instead.

You'll also need KanjiTalk 6.0, which is the harder bit to find.
Why would I need KanjiTalk? Isn't KanjiTalk just MacInTalk but in Japanese? I wouldn't and cannot use speech-recognition software.

*EDIT* Just took a lookup while typing the previous sentence, turns out KanjiTalk IS the Japanese localization of Mac OS. I'll grab it, that's what I need. Thanks. :D
Silent Flamer
Master Emulator

Re: [SOLVED] Looking for a Japanese System Software 6.

Post by Silent Flamer »

Sorry for the trouble, but I don't have Basilisk II or SheepShaver installed, and my StuffIt Deluxe can't unstuff the KanjiTalk file. Could somebody unpack it for me and then pass me a link in some way? Sincere apologies.