Unable to install LisaOS 3

Anything not about Mac emulation.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Katakis
Student Driver

Unable to install LisaOS 3

Post by Katakis »

I got LisaOS 2 & 3 from the Macintosh Garden and decided to install version 3 via the OS X version of LisaEm (1.0.0-RELEASE_2007.07.07). It is the one that has the files "Office Sys 1", "Office Sys 2", all the way up to "Office Sys 5". I installed it fine, de-serializing each disk when it asked me to. However, when it asked me to re-insert Disk 1, I did so and it asked me if I want to de-serializing the disk again. If I click Yes or No, I get a message saying that it is not the Lisa Office System 1 disk. I even tried selecting the .dc42 file that it created after a disk is inserted, but I had no luck doing this.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Unable to install LisaOS 3

Post by adespoton »

I seem to recall that the install disks need to stay locked to avoid de-serializing. Otherwise, you end up with disks that are slaved to that guest instance, and they're no longer recognized as master install disks. It's been a while since I got it working though, so my memory is a bit fuzzy.
Katakis
Student Driver

Re: Unable to install LisaOS 3

Post by Katakis »

Thanks, I got ahold of a different set of LisaOS 3 disks that installed without any problems.