Detailed Shadowkeep Review

Anything not about Mac emulation.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

ClockWise
Site Admin

Detailed Shadowkeep Review

Post by ClockWise »

Here's the first in what will probably be a multipart look at the Macintosh exclusive RPG "Shadowkeep" from 1991:

http://crpgaddict.blogspot.kr/2018/01/g ... -1991.html

The "CRPG Addict" site is a roughly chronological look back at the history of computer role-playing games. The hook here is that the author actually plays through the games.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Re: Detailed Shadowkeep Review

Post by ClockWise »

Hey, here's the second part!

http://crpgaddict.blogspot.kr/2018/01/s ... plash.html

I like the idea that someone is playing the heck out of the game for the first time in 25 years.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

Fun!

I still get my kids started on old games from the 80s and 90s that defined genres before I let them play the new shiny versions. I want them to be able to look at a game critically and say "hey, that's a roguelike with fancy graphics and a broken NPC system!" Plus, I try to keep them away from freemium junk. When they see what gaming *can* be like, their desire to play freemium games almost vanishes.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Hey, how old are your kids? Old enough to get them going on a journey through all ten "Might and Magic" adventures?

I've been watching a Let's Play of part 6 of that series. Wonderful game, though sadly those later entries were all overshadowed by the RPG renaissance of the late 90s.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

One of them is old enough to play through M&M; I haven't got him doing that yet though, as he's in the middle of writing his own Zork-style adventures using Inform. He's also a fan of ZZT.