Login  •  Register

The time is now: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:05 am

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:10 am 
Student Driver

I'm trying to test a fork of SheepShaver with the old CPU core, & am having trouble getting the tests to work because they're written for the QEMU core. Does anyone know of a more universal tester for a PowerPC emulator? For anyone who wants for to see it, the source of my fork is at https://github.com/JustinCB/macemu.

Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:09 am 
Apple Corer

zneak (Classix author) wrote:
Classix has gasp no unit test, and that's a shame. To my defense, not a single PowerPC emulator seems to have unit tests: I looked at gdb's psim, PearPC, SheepShaver/Basilisk, qemu and Dolphin, and apparently that's not very popular. We really should have unit tests though, as that would make debugging a lot less painful.

I do know of this independent set of tests, at least. (You may download DevkitPPC from here.) You may also try risu.

Also, Sheepshaver does have a regression test file buried deep inside, but it's not really a unit test per say.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:13 pm 
Student Driver

The dolphin tests look promising, and I know about the sheepshaver regression test. The sheepshaver test is tangled up with cruft like everything else relating to sheepshaver, though. I think the dolphin tests would be easier to use(relatively). I think just using a PowerPC compiler that compiles OS code would work if I add trap instructions into "test mode"