Login  •  Register

The time is now: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:15 am

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 4 of 4 [ 81 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:02 pm 
Forum All-Star

OK, this was another thing I neglected to change when I converted the Mac OS 9 app from single-user to multi-user-capable. I've got it fixed but want to test it some more. Will post here when it's ready.

Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:52 am 
Forum All-Star

This should now be fixed. Ever since I complicated this system by making it work for multiple users and by switching to a sparsebundle format for the main disk, everything got extremely complicated. If there are still problems, then you can download the old single-user version which works reliably, but doesn't use a sparsebundle and works only a single-user system when run from the Applications folder.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:21 am 
Tinkerer

emendelson wrote:
This should now be fixed. Ever since I complicated this system by making it work for multiple users and by switching to a sparsebundle format for the main disk, everything got extremely complicated. If there are still problems, then you can download the old single-user version which works reliably, but doesn't use a sparsebundle and works only a single-user system when run from the Applications folder.

Thanks for your work on this. It does import successfully now.

Now that SheepShaver supports it, is there a way to specify that CD images import as a virtual CD-ROM, rather than as a hard disk?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:19 pm 
Forum All-Star

almeath wrote:
Now that SheepShaver supports it, is there a way to specify that CD images import as a virtual CD-ROM, rather than as a hard disk?

Just to clarify: what has changed is not SheepShaver, but the AppleScript in my Mac OS 9 app that launches SheepShaver.

And you're right that it should be possible to mount an image as a CD-ROM. That is now supported in the current version.

Anyone who finds this AppleScript application useful in their work, or who is glad to have it, is welcome to visit:

http://wpdos.org/voluntary.html

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:24 pm 
Tinkerer

emendelson wrote:
And you're right that it should be possible to mount an image as a CD-ROM. That is now supported in the current version.

I tried dragging different images onto the app and it works well. For some reason, several of the CD images still displayed as hard drive icons on the desktop, but it seems they are still recognized as CDs by MacOS.

I know I keep throwing requests at you .. but could there be an ability to import multiple CD images to be mounted simultaneously? There are some multiple CD games (i.e. Riven) where it would be useful to mount all the images at once. This can be done within the standard SheepShaver preferences file, so I am hoping it could be incorporated into your script? When I try dragging a second image onto the app, it says it will remove the original image and replace it with the new one as the second disk.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:52 pm 
Forum All-Star

almeath wrote:
I know I keep throwing requests at you .. but could there be an ability to import multiple CD images to be mounted simultaneously? There are some multiple CD games (i.e. Riven) where it would be useful to mount all the images at once. This can be done within the standard SheepShaver preferences file, so I am hoping it could be incorporated into your script? When I try dragging a second image onto the app, it says it will remove the original image and replace it with the new one as the second disk.

Very interesting idea. I hadn't thought of it because I don't actually use this system. Yes, I can easily do that, and I've already got it working in a no-frills way. I've added a voluntary-contribution ink to my download page for this system, and if any substantial contributions come in, I'll put in the time needed to make it work smoothly.

Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 4 of 4 [ 81 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4