Chubby Bunny, Screen Size & Games

About unsupported SheepShaver configurations, like COI (Chubby Bunny), SheepShaver Wrapper, etc.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

jkrauss
Space Cadet

Chubby Bunny, Screen Size & Games

Post by jkrauss »

Can anyone help me to increase the screen size for Chubby Bunny when it's running an OS9 game (Baldur's Gate 1,Diablo 1)? I finally got Baldur's Gate 1 to work by downloading and installing GameSprockets from Apple's website into the ChubbyBunny app.

The problem I'm encountering now is that Chubby Bunny's screen maxes out at 1024x856 which is fine, although a bit smaller than I'd like. However, when I start up a game the screen decreases tremendously to the 640x480 size, which is effectively the size of 3 iPhone screens (very very small!). Is there a way to increase the size of these games which are running in ChubbyBunny? (and yes the games are set to run in 'full screen' mode, and I am using the actual hard-copy discs for these games, not disc images).

Also, there is no way I could personally set up SheepShaver myself, which is why I went for the ChubbyBunny app instead.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

The 640x480 resolution is set by the game, it is the resolution at which the game is made to be used. You cannot change that. I remember times when that resolution was the default on a Mac, but on modern screens, that pack many more pixels in a square inch, that is indeed small.

Chubby Bunny is preconfigured. Changes, if at all possible, need to be made in the application itself. If you want a configurable SheepShaver, better set up a regular build of SheepShaver. There you can set a 640x480 resolution to be displayed full-screen. Blown-up on your screen it will look blurred, though.