Login  •  Register

The time is now: Wed May 27, 2020 7:58 am

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 8 of 8 [ 181 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:33 am 
Expert User

No problem,

Compiling on OSX is easy, but distributing an OSX build requires some additional steps like fixing references to libraries you will probably not have installed on your machine. These libraries sometimes get updated by brew, so I have to copy the correct libraries into the Libs folder and check the script I use to point to the libraries in the Libs folder. See here:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=8848

Next, I need to check whether all works correctly by actually downloading my own version. This sets additional attributes on some files that need to be correctly removed by the allow-qemu-to-run script provided. Only then I can upload something to the forum.

Windows builds just require copying the executable, pc-bios folder and dlls used into one folder and upload it.

While we're at it: misschien kun je me een voorbeeld van een internetradio-link sturen die met winamp afgespeeld kan worden?

Best,
Cat_7

Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:55 am 
Student Driver

@Cat7, I think everything needed for livestream muziek via Winamp for Mac is included in this .sit file, give a sign please when working - thx for everything and greetings from Belgium.

By the way ages ago I posted in the Sheepshaver forum about opcode error when launching Adobe Framemaker 7 in sheepshaver and that Gwenolé posted me a version that resolved that issue, though with all the upcoming versions the error re-appeared. I found out that when you launch framemaker in structure-mode and not in the normal-mode no error occurs anymore. In Qemu ppc never had an error with framemaker

https://we.tl/t-yjIA6Ub17W

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:27 pm 
Expert User

Hi,

Thank you. Sound quality is perfect.
I found one can add channels by finding e.g. http://icecast.vrtcdn.be/stubru-high.mp3 and add it to the list.
Oh boy, I remember the days StudioBrussel only broadcasted between 7 and 23 and played 2 songs back-to-back, only mentioning title and performers in-between. For a long time now it has become an advertising vehicle.... m-and-m hits? Really?

Best,
Cat_7

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:48 am 
Student Driver

Hey Cat,

Since the new osx built in the qemu.command is now also like windows versions the backslash-separator used, what is the actually the best way to go - one line and "-drive file=9.2.img,format=raw,media=disk" or "-hda 9.2.img \" ?
Thanks for any explanation

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:24 am 
Expert User

Hi,

The ^ for windows and the \ for OSX and Linux line endings are just there to improve readability.
When those lines are parsed in the Windows or OSX terminals they are stitched together into one line, recreating the original one-liner.

As for -hda or -drive: -hda already fill in some parameter values -drive does not.
For example, -hda automatically fills in media=disk while -drive needs explicit mentioning of that.

Please note the logic: after the last line there is no ^ or \ as the parser should not try to read an additional line that is not there.

However, I do not know all parameters set automatically. I wonder who does ;-)

Best,
Cat_7

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 4:25 pm 
Forum All-Star

I used to know the defaults, but they've changed since then :) If you look in the source repository, the defaults are outlined there.

Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 8 of 8 [ 181 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8