Tiger Installation Help?

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

macdude19
Space Cadet

Tiger Installation Help?

Post by macdude19 »

I have followed this guide https://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/pp ... or-windows

"qemu-img.exe create -f raw -o size=32G 10.4.img " is the command I use but OS X 10.4 can't format it or read it.

Update:

If I use the format qcow it shows up.

Update:

New Error:

Any suggestions?
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Tiger Installation Help?

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Can you explain a bit more? And provide your command line so we can see what might be wrong there?
A first tip: did you put the entry for the hard disk before the entry for cd in your command line?

Best,
Cat_7
macdude19
Space Cadet

Post by macdude19 »

Cat_7 wrote:Hi,

Can you explain a bit more? And provide your command line so we can see what might be wrong there?
A first tip: did you put the entry for the hard disk before the entry for cd in your command line?

Best,
Cat_7

Here is the command line:

qemu-system-ppc.exe -L pc-bios -boot c -m 512 -M mac99 -prom-env "auto-boot?=true" -prom-env "boot-args=-v" -prom-env "vga-ndrv?=true" -drive file=10.4.img,format=qcow,media=disk -drive file=Tiger_Disc2.toast,format=raw,media=cdrom -sdl -netdev user,id=network01 -device sungem,netdev=network01

It has the IP but says it can't connect.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

So you got it to boot?
Please let us know what you did.

What IP address shows in the network preferences?

Also, for 10.4 it is best to have qemu provide a usb keyboard and mouse to OSX. You can do this by setting -M mac99,via=pmu on your command line.

How old is your qemu build? Where did you get it from?

Best,
Cat_7