Open GL Support for Mac OS X 10.5 Server?

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

CharlesLitton
Space Cadet

Open GL Support for Mac OS X 10.5 Server?

Post by CharlesLitton »

Is there a way to enable OpenGL when running Mac OS X 10.5 Server? I have gotten it to install and run in Qemu, but my goal in all this is to play a game--OIDS.X. I used to play an older version back in the day, but have never seen the "latest" Mac OS X version (from 2003, no less). The game starts up fine, but then presents the message "Can't create OpenGL context for window."

My host machine is a MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.5. Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB

I found the following discussion, but I am not tech savvy enough to compile my own version of Qemu.
https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/dis ... celeration

I would really appreciate any help!
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Open GL Support for Mac OS X 10.5 Server?

Post by adespoton »

See viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10265&view=unread#unread -- currently there's no graphics accelerator support to take advantage of OpenGL, so even if you can load it, the hardware calls it is abstracting will be absent. But progress is slowly being made; seems like ATi Rage support is at the place now that OS 9 support was at in 2015. Basic framework with all the interfaces, but lots of work still needed to map it in QEMU and a LOT of work to implement in OpenBIOS.