MacOS 10.14.5 Mojave

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

MMcAndrews
Space Cadet

MacOS 10.14.5 Mojave

Post by MMcAndrews »

So, I'm running 10.14.5 Mojave on a Late 2013 Mac Pro.

I'm running qemu-system-ppc for the first time, downloaded from links from emaculation.com, and I'm following the installation instructions to the letter. However, I get the error message 'No valid state has been set by load or init-program'.

Here's the bash script I'm using:

./qemu-system-ppc -L pc-bios -boot d -M mac99,via=pmu -m 512 -prom-env 'auto-boot?=true' -prom-env 'boot-args=-v' -prom-env 'vga-ndrv?=true' -drive file=MacOS92.iso,format=raw,media=cdrom -drive file=MacOS92.img,format=raw,media=disk -netdev user,id=network01 -device sungem,netdev=network01 -device VGA,edid=on

I copied this from the Qemu PPC for OSX wiki page, and assumed the backslash in .\qemu-system-ppc was incorrect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Madeleine.
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: MacOS 10.14.5 Mojave

Post by Cat_7 »

I copied this from the Qemu PPC for OSX wiki page, and assumed the backslash in .\qemu-system-ppc was incorrect.
Good catch, I fixed this in the instructions ;-)

You command line looks sound to me. Perhaps there is a problem with the cd image? Where did you get it, or how did you make it?

Best,
Cat_7
MMcAndrews
Space Cadet

Post by MMcAndrews »

I downloaded the ISO image from Macintosh Repository ... I tried another one as well. Mac OS X Server 1.2v3. It gave me the same error. I'll try and find another ISO file from another site and see if that makes a difference.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

I just tried the macos-922-uni.zip available there. It works.

Best,
Cat_7
MMcAndrews
Space Cadet

Post by MMcAndrews »

Thank you Cat_7 ... the ISO I had downloaded was corrupt, so you were right on the money.

I really Appreciate your help.

Madeleine :)