Transfering files

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

WizKid
Tinkerer

Transfering files

Post by WizKid »

So I created an HFS+ image using HFSUtilsGUI, but I can't seem to get it to be recognized by Qemu as a valid disk.

When I try to start Qemu using:

Code: Select all

./qemu-system-ppc-screamer -L pc-bios -boot c -M mac99,via=pmu -m 512 -prom-env 'auto-boot?=true' -prom-env 'boot-args=-v' -prom-env 'vga-ndrv?=true' -rtc base=localtime -drive file=macos9.dsk,format=raw,media=disk,cache=writethrough -bios openbios-ppc -drive file=Transfer.dmg,format=dmg,media=disk
I get the error:

Code: Select all

qemu-system-ppc-screamer: -drive file=Transfer.dmg,format=dmg,media=disk: Could not locate UDIF trailer in dmg file
But it mounts in OS X.

What am I doing wrong?
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Transfering files

Post by Cat_7 »

I don't know (yet), but is it a real compressed dmg or just an image with .dmg as extension?

You might try two things:
change format=dmg to format=raw
change both the extension of the dmg to img and change the format as above

EDIT: it seems non of this works. You might create a disk image with the hfs tool, then use drive setup in mac OS 9 to initialise the disk image and see whether that image can be used to read/write in your host.

Best,
Cat_7
win.exe
Tinkerer

Re: Transfering files

Post by win.exe »

Hi,
You could also try to compile dmg2iso http://vu1tur.eu.org/tools/ because you either have a Mac host. Or you can check out this topic viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9342 for another way for transferring files.