This topic is growing to insane proportions. I am well lost in which combinations of arguments can be used with which OS version and which results are yielded.
Is there a way we can document all the combinations with short result descriptions?
Imagine a table, maybe a spreadsheet.
- Using 'qemu-system-ppc' version 220.127.116.11
- Using 'openbios-qemu.elf' version x.x.x or from dd/mm/yyyy;
- Emulating Mac OS 9.2.2
- Using .iso file with <some tricky.. thing>
- All Open Transport extensions removed
- With the arguments:
- Result: <works | doesn't work | beach-balls and crashes | something else here>
- Caveats: <must compile | unresponsive mouse | no sound | etc>
[repeat for Mac OS 8.5, 9.0.4, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, using classic 9.2, etc]
It would be much easier than trying to find the information in the thread, imho.
One of us could create something.. say.. a shared google spreadsheet file. What do you reckon?