Login  •  Register

The time is now: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:14 pm

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 6 of 6 [ 137 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:09 am 
Space Cadet

Tested the lastest April 2018 Final Build.
Internet works no need to install and that even uses my PCI-Express Wi-Fi adapter !! Amazing.
I was even able to network Host and Guest so it's coming close to Sheepshaver (slowly but greatly :) )

I was able to get sound working on os 9.2.1 but it's choppy. Any workaround for that ?

Thanks !

Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:44 am 
Expert User

To get the best sound support currently available, you should use the latest build with support for the screamer sound device.
Note that you then do not need -device usb-audio on the command line.

This is the latest experimental build with screamer support:
http://www.open.ou.nl/hsp/downloads3/wi ... 122017.zip

Best,
Cat_7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:48 pm 
Tinkerer

THE SOUND WORKS IN JUNE 26TH EXPERIMENTAL RELEASE!!! Been waiting for this version for almost 2 years now. That is incredible, congratulations to whoever fixed this! Am I awake or is this a dream?! AT LAST!

MINOR annoyances I can live with, but would be nice in the next release:
1) CONTROL + ALT doesn't release the mouse cursor out of QEMU anymore. I see it's now CONTROL + ALT + G... but why so complicated?!
2a) Whoever made the WINDOWS KEY emulate the COMMAND KEY is nice, but couldn't it be ALT instead like SheepShaver? It makes the Windows start menu pop up every time I press it, super annoying.
2b) Can't copy/paste easily in Mac OS 9.2 using QEMU, when pressing WINDOWS KEY + ALT + C it does work, but it's complicated. Would prefer ALT + C like in SheepShaver. Also the Windows start menu would shut the F up if we could stop using the WINDOWS KEY.
3) Sometimes while using QEMU with Mac OS 9.2 the mouse cursor jumps to a corner or the bottom of the screen.
4) Speed improvement
5) QEMU in general: In the console window (CONTROL + ALT + 2) it would be nice to have copy/paste support!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:48 pm 
Inquisitive Elf

that-ben, same here - I fully share all your comments on the recent build.
that-ben wrote:
3) Sometimes while using QEMU with Mac OS 9.2 the mouse cursor jumps to a corner or the bottom of the screen.
On older builds I was suffering from the "crazyness" of the mouse - its cursor could jump here and there without any reason, so it was impossible to work! I tried different suggestions and one option did the trick (more or less):
Code:
-usbdevice mouse
which now turned into
Code:
-device usb-mouse
After setting that I see almost no cursor random jumps.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:09 pm 
Tinkerer

Official build 14-08-2018 does not support sound anymore. Sticking with 2018-06-26 until this gets ported over into the official QEMU 3 build :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:56 am 
Space Cadet

Hi Cat

For a while I struggle to make the OS 9.2 emulation to work. The folder downloaded from that-ben seems to work, I even added another 30G HD (by the way my physical machine broke down and no one can repair it). As I need to upload all programs from the machine I need to make it visible.
I created an iso disc with some documents, I gave it a name Apple CD.iso and in the qemu bat file I added as in the instructions "-drive file=Apple CD.iso,format=raw,media=cdrom". Not only that it does not appear on the desktop, but the qemu...bat does not even start (just a flick of a DOS screen and then nothing. Could you please help me getting this to work?
Meanwhile enjoy your weekend
Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:38 am 
Expert User

Hi,

If you use spaces in a filename, you have to use " " around that filename for Qemu to understand it.
Please try to rename your Apple CD.iso to AppleCD.iso. Then change the command line and try again.

Best,
Cat_7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:13 am 
Forum All-Star

You can also escape the spaces instead of quoting the name: ~/Emulation/Apple\ CD.iso or "~/Emulation/Apple CD.iso"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:20 pm 
Tinkerer

Uhm. I think something is wrong with your sticky post ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:33 pm 
Tinkerer

mrpatras wrote:
Hi Cat
I created an iso disc with some documents, I gave it a name Apple CD.iso and in the qemu bat file I added as in the instructions "-drive file=Apple CD.iso,format=raw,media=cdrom". Not only that it does not appear on the desktop, but the qemu...bat does not even start (just a flick of a DOS screen and then nothing.

Cat_7 wrote:
Hi,
If you use spaces in a filename, you have to use " " around that filename for Qemu to understand it.
Please try to rename your Apple CD.iso to AppleCD.iso. Then change the command line and try again.
Best,
Cat_7

adespoton wrote:
You can also escape the spaces instead of quoting the name: ~/Emulation/Apple\ CD.iso or "~/Emulation/Apple CD.iso"

Under Windows, I have never had a single problem with any of the QEMU builds over the last 2 years with filenames containing spaces. My command looks like this and it works perfectly fine under Windows 7 64-bits: -drive "file=Mac OS 9.2.2 Universal Install (2002).iso,format=raw,media=cdrom" -drive "file=Mac OS 9.2.2 for QEMU (2GB).dsk,format=raw,media=disk"

@mrpatras Make sure that the ISO file you created is not a DMG, make sure it's a straight, uncompressed HFS+ or HFS ISO. Also make sure that every quote in your .bat file are all like this " and not two single quotes like this ' and not french quotes like this « (Mac OS X TextEdit does that by default under some languages). Obviously, make sure that your ISO file is not currently opened in another app when running your batch file, but the fact that the window briefly pops up and disappears usually means there's an invalid character in it, so check every character, you must have a mistake in the command. Use my batch file on MR to start with and simply change your ISO filename in place in my batch file so that way you know all the rest is correct.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:05 pm 
Expert User

Hi,

Is there something wrong with the downloads?
I created a new build from the current official source and a new build from the sound-supporting screamer source code. Both on the 30th of October.

You have no problems with spaces in file names because you use " " around them. As I suggested to mrpatras who seems to be using Windows. Windows only allows using " ", while OSX can use the format as shown by adespoton.

Best,
Cat_7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:18 pm 
Tinkerer

Cat_7 wrote:
Hi,
Is there something wrong with the downloads?
Best,
Cat_7

No, there's no nothing wrong with the downloads :P I just grabbed the screamer-enabled one (the bottom one) and it works fine, but it's confusing at first glance on the sticky post, because nothing shows the files are different (because it's the same date) but obviously, it's not the same file: one is screamer enabled and the other one is regular (no sound). Maybe put a small "screamer enabled" note after the date "30-10-2018" on the bottom one? Or maybe it's just me, don't mind me, I'm crazy I think O.o ... XD

BTW thanks for posting 3.1pre with the screamer! :D

Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 6 of 6 [ 137 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6