Need help installing Mac OS X DP3

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Doc_Static
Student Driver

Need help installing Mac OS X DP3

Post by Doc_Static »

Hello there y'all.
I'm a bit new at all this, I managed to install Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X Jaguar without any issues under QEMU but, when I tried installing the DP3 build, I got an NVRAM error on the OpenBIOS prompt and QEMU basically crashed.
My command line to boot QEMU is basically the same as the provided one with the path to the files changed and the RAM set at 512Mb.
I've been trying to boot directly from the CD when it crashes, and I haven't tried running setup from an active OS 9 install, but I suppose it will also crash.
Anybody can help?
Thanks

(on a side note, I've also been trying to install the Public Beta, but I can't start QEMU when I add the -rtc base="2000-09-14",clock=vm line. The stderr file tells me the date format is invalid. Anybody knows what I'm doing wrong?)
Meow_2004
Granny Smith

Re: Need help installing Mac OS X DP3

Post by Meow_2004 »

Weird, I got the installer up to the point of where i needed to specify the volume. what do you type at the openbios prompt?
Doc_Static
Student Driver

Post by Doc_Static »

I actually had autoboot on.
Maybe I should turn that off

EDIT: disabled the auto-boot thing, and typed the boot code (boot cd:9,\\:tbxi)
now I just have a glitched Happy mac screen and nothing.

EDIT 2: Okay, added the -cpu G3 switch and it now boots.
Now the problem is, the program doesn't detect the Hard Disk...
Anybody got past that problem?
Meow_2004
Granny Smith

Post by Meow_2004 »

It must boot into Mac OS 9 Partition, not Mac OS X Partition. Read this if you are confused: http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewto ... &start=875