Installing Mac OS X 10.0 DP on qemu

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

MacintoshPrototype
Student Driver

Installing Mac OS X 10.0 DP on qemu

Post by MacintoshPrototype »

Hello,
I’m new there. I want to install Mac OS X 10.0 DPs on qemu for Windows, but I don’t know how to make qemu working. I tried some commands, but I still can’t boot.

My system:
Windows 7 64bit
Intel core i7

Trying to boot:
Mac OS X DP3
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Installing Mac OS X 10.0 DP on qemu

Post by adespoton »

What command line flags are you using, and what build of qemu?
MacintoshPrototype
Student Driver

Latest build, CLI flags... Used command from emaculation wiki —> http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/ppc ... or-windows
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

Hmm... latest build has VGA additions, and so should boot DP3. Do you have the correct bios files in the correct locations?
MacintoshPrototype
Student Driver

Yes, I'm sure about that. I downloaded all roms, (un)neccesary files, other kinds of software that came with qemu... But every time I execute the command, it says that is something wrong with prom. Can you please post your boot command? Is the problem in hard disk (physical)? I installed qemu on disk without windows.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

You are not stating exactly what error you see. Please be more specific.

This is a quite standard command line to boot a hard disk image.

qemu-system-ppc.exe -L pc-bios -boot c -m 256 -M mac99 -prom-env "auto-boot?=true" -prom-env "vga-ndrv?=true" -drive file=d:\Qemu\10.3.raw,format=raw,media=disk -device usb-mouse -device usb-kbd -sdl

This is a standard command line to boot from a cdrom image and have hard disk image to install on:

qemu-system-ppc.exe -L pc-bios -boot d -m 256 -M mac99 -prom-env "auto-boot?=true" -prom-env "vga-ndrv?=true" -drive file=d:\Qemu\10.3.iso,format=raw,media=cdrom -drive file=d:\Qemu\10.3.raw,format=raw,media=disk -device usb-mouse -device usb-kbd -sdl

Please note that not all DP's are simply bootable. DP4 can boot with standard qemu parameters.
Use the search function of the forum to find posts on how to get the others to run.

Best,
Cat_7
MacintoshPrototype
Student Driver

I tried DP4 with your (second) boot command. It says "MacOS: unable to find a usable NVRAM partition - using offset 0x1400" and stuck there.