mac os x 10.4 internet help

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

valkyy
Space Cadet

mac os x 10.4 internet help

Post by valkyy »

Hello, I have successfully installed 10.4 Tiger. I also want to install network drivers but I do not know where to begin. Any help is appreciated.
valkyy
Space Cadet

Re: mac os x 10.4 internet help

Post by valkyy »

Maybe I should elaborate. I am using Windows 10 and the 2017-10-06 build of qemu. I have been following the wiki, but I'm unsure (because the wiki is using mac os 9.2 as an example) if the network drivers also apply to mac os x 10.4 or if there is a different link for that. I've also tried adding things to the end of my .bat file, but I realized that probably wouldn't help until there's network drivers installed. Basically, is there a link (or should I use the link in the wiki) to install network drivers?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

The current build includes sungem support, which OS X 10.4 already supports. Actually, some versions of 10.4 already support the ReakTek network card out of the box too; you could try either in your config.
valkyy
Space Cadet

Post by valkyy »

Thanks for your reply. I really don't know what sungem is, so, should I just search the internet for some realtek driver that 10.4 supports?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

No... both are built in to 10.4. You just need to identify which one you want to use from the command line when setting up QEMU.

If you don't want to configure by hand, programmingkid has also created a nice GUI for QEMU 2.9 where you can just select the networking configuration you want from a list.

All options can be found on here in the QEMU forums.