QEMU_PPC Linux Host.

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

darthnvader
Mac Mechanic

QEMU_PPC Linux Host.

Post by darthnvader »

Trying to run Tiger on a Linux host with the latest Qemu_PPC, it boots from the DVD IMG and installs, but when I try and boot from the HD it hangs at BootX( Apple Logo ).

Is there a command I need to boot Tiger?

OK, just takes several min. for BootX to load the Kernel for some reason?

Now it seems to be stuck at selecting the kbd?
darthnvader
Mac Mechanic

Re: QEMU_PPC Linux Host.

Post by darthnvader »

I'm running a Debian 9 host, with a few Qemu virtual machines, I set up a bridged network, and I can connect to my host via smb from an install of High Sierra, but one of my PPC guests running Tiger can't connect. It see's the host smb share, but fails to login to it, password or user incorrect.

I don't know if Tiger smb send encrypted passwords, or if that is the issue?

Also, does anyone know how to setup Qemu guests so they can connect to each other and be visible to the rest of the network?

I'd like to be able to use my printer from my High Sierra guest, I have a Wifi printer on my network, but my guests can't "see" it.
darthnvader
Mac Mechanic

Post by darthnvader »

mabam
Master Emulator

Post by mabam »

darthnvader wrote:I'm running a Debian 9 host, with a few Qemu virtual machines, I set up a bridged network,

Also, does anyone know how to setup Qemu guests so they can connect to each other and be visible to the rest of the network?
How did you set up your bridged network?

Here's how I set up my bridged network (on an OS X host, actually) for VM's, emulators, and the host to be able to see each other: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8314#p56752. The key is that also the host only accesses the network via the bridge, not directly.