Share files between Windows Host and Solaris Virtual System

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

joesam
Space Cadet

Share files between Windows Host and Solaris Virtual System

Post by joesam »

We are able to install sparc solaris 2.6 on qemu emulator on windows system.But we are not able to share the files between windows host system and solaris virtual system through ftp.
As per my understanding we need to form a bridge network in qemu system to connect the host and guest systems. For example in VMware we have network options and there we can select either bridge or NAT networks etc.. Similarly in qemu we need to set up bridge network from command or from GUI
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Share files between Windows Host and Solaris Virtual Sys

Post by Cat_7 »

You can have Qemu start a tap adapter.

First, install the openvpn tap device.
Then create a bridge in the windows network settings, bridging your default network card with the tap adapter.
See our guide here for the syntax to start a tap device from the qemu command line:

https://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/pp ... networking

Please note that at least Virtual box bridges might have to be disabled to get this working.
I have no idea how VM ware bridges behave.

Does your solaris version support SMB connections? If so, you could try smb:\\host-ip\share-name

Best,
Cat_7
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

It should also be possible for QEMU to actually use the VBox bridged adapter instead of creating a new tap. I'm not sure how you'd join the existing bridge on a Windows system, but it should be possible.
flasala
Space Cadet

Post by flasala »

Hello,
I have some problem to start my SPARC under QEMU with ethernet device...
1- if I use sungem as device in qemu start commend line I have an error because sungem is not one of the valid sparc devices.

The only network device valid for qemu-system-sparc is ne2k_isa but if I use this I have another error:

Code: Select all

c:\Program Files\qemu>qemu-system-sparc -M SS-5 -m 128 -drive file=d:\sparc.qcow2,bus=0,unit=0,media=disk -netdev tap,ifname=TapSPARCEth,id=network01 -device ne2k_isa,netdev=network01
qemu-system-sparc: -device ne2k_isa,netdev=network01: No 'ISA' bus found for device 'ne2k_isa'
so I dont' find a way to exchage files with my windows host machine :???:

Thank's in advance.
BR Fede
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

I'm sorry, but we only deal with qemu for ppc emulation, not sparc emulation. Perhaps your question can better be asked on the qemu user list.
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/qemu-discuss

Best,
Cat_7