• SDL2 port, 28 April 2021, universal (x86_64 and arm64) from github.com/kanjitalk755/macemu source
For macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) through 11 (Big Sur). Universal, will run natively on Apple Silicon.
Download: https://www.emaculation.com/basilisk/Ba ... 210428.zip
Note: When this BasiliskII is run natively on Apple Silicon, FPU emulation will be inaccurate.
On Apple Silicon, use this build with GUI setting CPU Type 68030, equivalent to in the prefs file:
Code: Select all
cpu 3 fpu false
See also discussion here: viewtopic.php?p=70596#p70596
• SDL2 port, 21 April 2021, 64-bit Intel, notarized from github.com/kanjitalk755/macemu source
Recommended for OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) through macOS 11 (Big Sur.) Final Intel-only build.
Download: https://www.emaculation.com/basilisk/Ba ... 210421.zip
• SDL2 port, 4 May 2019, Intel 64-bit from github.com/kanjitalk755/macemu source
For Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) through macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
Download: http://ronaldpr.home.xs4all.nl/basilisk ... 190504.zip
• For all the above SDL port builds:
- If you have an existing BasiliskII setup, you can simply replace the application with the new application.
- If you use an older BasiliskII_keycodes file, you will also need to replace that file with this new one: http://ronaldpr.home.xs4all.nl/basilisk ... ycodes.zip
• Older builds
A variety of older builds can be found in the next post.
For a new BasiliskII setup a BasiliskIIGUI application and a keycodes file are needed:
- BasiliskIIGUI is 32-bit only. It can be used up to macOS 10.14 (Mojave). Download: https://www.emaculation.com/basilisk/BasiliskIIGUI.zip
- A public beta version of a 64-bit Basilisk II GUI application is available. It can be used in macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and later. See this forum topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10454
- Unless you use an USA-English keyboard, you will also need a BasiliskII_keycodes file. Download: http://ronaldpr.home.xs4all.nl/basilisk ... ycodes.zip
- For more information see the revised setup manual: http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/bas ... _osx_setup
BasiliskII Disk Image Chooser (with thanks to our member "emendelson")
Selecting and managing disk image files can be done in the volumes list in the old BasiliskIIGUI, but this AppleScript application is easier to use for that purpose.
Originally introduced in this topic: http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewto ... f=6&t=5455
Download: http://www.emaculation.com/basilisk/Bas ... hooser.zip
HFSUtilsGUI (with thanks to our member "sentient06")
Creates HFS (and HFS+) disk image files. Still works in macOS 10.15 Catalina.
Originally presented in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8337&p=51502
This setup manual in E-maculation wiki explains how to set up BasiliskII with System 7.5.3:
Setup manual: http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/bas ... _osx_setup
This guide describes printing in SheepShaver and BasiliskII:
http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/she ... k_printing
This guide describes setting up AppleTalk for Basilisk (OS X):
http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/app ... heepshaver